Rect-o-verb v2 lead tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xombie2000

Reaction score
Recently I was on a search to get good sustain and a fat lead tone from my rect-o-verb. First I replaced the tubes with the help of eurotubes.com. Then changed the Dragon II's out my PRS for Seymour Duncan hot rodded humbuckers. Again, better but not quiet there. Next TS808 Chinese copy made by Biyang, highly suggest this pedal it's amazing and a big help, settings are gain off, volume max, tone 2:00. Ultimately I realized it was that I needed to change my EQ settings. Gain 2:30, treble 2:30, mids 8:30, lows 1:00, presence 12:00, master 10:30. Wow what a difference! Anyway I thought I would share this for those of you struggling to find a good lead tone.

Ah yes, the elusive fat lead tones out of a recto amp. Great rhythm machines but lacking in the smooth-as-a-baby's-bottom lead department. I own a Rectoverb.

Plenty written on this site about getting better lead tones/sustain from recto amps. Search my username. I have enough posts about EQing and smoothing out the tone, as do others.

I can't stress enough how an EQ pedal or three has helped. I have explained plenty how you can use them.

A suggestion: Try turning up the gain on the pedal and drop the gain on the amp. Adjust pedal volume accordingly. Depending on the pedals gain structure, you may notice a smoothing out of your tone (search my posts about this). Adjust EQ accordingly.

BTW, I prefer Raw mode (with my setup).

I notice that your gain on the amp is very high. Your mids are also turned way down. Do you play on your own? If so, I can understand, however, in a band, I feel you're unlikely to cut through with the mids turned so low. Then again, I'm not sure how your pedal affects the EQing of your amp (let alone your playing evironment), so I'm just guessing.

I'll take a look at your posts. Mids are down due to suggestion in the manual on lead tones.

Latest posts

Back