Question about my Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuwrassler

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mark III last night and I'm blown away at some of the sounds I'm getting out of my LP.

It's an 80's version (87 I think) but I was wondering if these came with the Mesa/Boogie Logo on the grille cloth?

Mine is also a 87 (red stripe) Mark III. It came with the "Mesa/Boogie" logo.

It´s a great amp for sure!

So I guess someone took it off or it came off then??

Can you buy them to replace??

It's a killer amp. I've been tweaking on the knobs all day and still haven't sniffed it's sounds.

I'm digging every second of it.

Does anyone know where you can buy a Mesa/Boogie name plate for the grille cloth?

I doubt you can get them from Mesa anymore. I bought a couple on ebay a few months ago.

If you turn the amp up side down or take the amp out of the chassi you can see it. The date is probably written in black marker next to the preamp tubes. If not, contact Mesa and give them your serial #.
Yes, it´s the one below the speaker jacks.
What is your serial #?

That´s not the serial number. that´s the patented #. The real serial number will be stamped in the black area just above tha patented # (It´s usually just below where it says "speakers" and the Mesa /boogie logo). The serial # should be somewhere between 15000 and 28-29000 for the Mark III.

I can´t really know the exact date, but I can give you a ballpark. Mine has serial # 191xx and is made in oct 87.
The easiest way to know is to check if the date is written next to the preamp tubes. It usually is.

Latest posts

Back