Proud Roadster Owner!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Hands down, without ANY doubt the best amp I've EVER played through. It's like a Mark IV, a Dual Rectifier, and a Fender Twin had a love child. It's absolutely amazing. It has the Recto rumble, but is super tight and doesn't have the usual Recto buzz. It's tight like and smooth like a Mark IV, but has more balls. The clean channels blow me away. They sparkle, but have a midrange bounce to them that just makes me happy inside.

The thing is too good to be true.

At 100watts the amp roars at high volumes staying tighter than a nun's *******. And then you can flip the gain channels to 50watts and actually make the thing sound awesome at bedroom volumes. You can get a chunky rhythm sound that hits you in the chest, and then flip to another channel and get a beautifully fluid lead sound that's creamy and just sings.

All of this, with the shitty Mesa stock tubes. I can't even begin to imagine what this thing will sound like with better tubes.

I've had quite a few amps over the years, and while I may add more to my rig...I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever get rid of this thing. It's everything I've ever wanted in an amp. All of the tones, all of the features, all in one amp. I'm blown away.

5 stars to Mesa on this one. I change amps and change guitars a lot, and I'm happy to say I think I've finally found what I've been looking for.

Welcome to the Roadster Club! :D It truly is an awesome (and somewhat underrated) amp. Do you have the head or combo version?

:D

I've got the head running through a recto standard 4x12. I've had 2 and 3 channel Dual Rectos, a Mark IV, a TriAxis/2:90, a DC-5, a ENGL Savage 120, a Framus Cobra...and in my humble opinion...this smokes them all. I'm a happy guy.

Do any of you guys run EL34's in your Roadsters? What would you recommend?

This forum totally needs a Roadster Club for the unappreciated beast!

The Roadster is an amazing amp. Everything you could ask for wrapped up in one amp!! Good job Mesa on this one!!

I think my Roadster smokes all the other amps Ive had as well... Ive also had 6 various boogies and the Roadster seems to have a little of the best of all of them.

The PERFECT amp in my opinion.

I personally prefer the 6L6's. I think the stock tubes are fine. I recently replaced the power tubes with the GT6L6R2's. It smokes. Here's the pic of my custom Roadster head.

PICT0380.jpg

G.I.G. said:
I personally prefer the 6L6's. I think the stock tubes are fine. I recently replaced the power tubes with the GT6L6R2's. It smokes. Here's the pic of my custom Roadster head.

PICT0380.jpg

Sweet! Blackface Roadster!

Did you guys see the one in the June 08 GW ad, with the red croco leather and chrome diamond plate?

But yeah I have to say the Roadster is one of (if not) Mesa's finest production amps. It's got something for everyone.

I m also super happy with my Roadster. I prefer 6L6 in it. send your settings please!!!! yeah its a tight dual recto and the cleans are super. best amp so far hehhhehhehe

Nitrobattery said:
Hands down, without ANY doubt the best amp I've EVER played through. It's like a Mark IV, a Dual Rectifier, and a Fender Twin had a love child. It's absolutely amazing. It has the Recto rumble, but is super tight and doesn't have the usual Recto buzz. It's tight like and smooth like a Mark IV, but has more balls. The clean channels blow me away. They sparkle, but have a midrange bounce to them that just makes me happy inside.

At 100watts the amp roars at high volumes staying tighter than a nun's *******. And then you can flip the gain channels to 50watts and actually make the thing sound awesome at bedroom volumes. You can get a chunky rhythm sound that hits you in the chest, and then flip to another channel and get a beautifully fluid lead sound that's creamy and just sings.

All of this, with the sh!t Mesa stock tubes. I can't even begin to imagine what this thing will sound like with better tubes.

I've had quite a few amps over the years, and while I may add more to my rig...I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever get rid of this thing. It's everything I've ever wanted in an amp. All of the tones, all of the features, all in one amp. I'm blown away.

5 stars to Mesa on this one. I change amps and change guitars a lot, and I'm happy to say I think I've finally found what I've been looking for.

Juan,
I am glad that you like the amp.
Thanks,
Rick

ams2ek said:
Nitrobattery said:

All of this, with the sh!t Mesa stock tubes. I can't even begin to imagine what this thing will sound like with better tubes.

Juan,
I am glad that you like the amp.
Thanks,
Rick

Thank you Rick. I'm floored by this thing.

Nitrobattery said:
I'm floored by this thing.

absolutely +1, easily the best amp I've played or owned so far, in fact Ive just put my vintage modern which I liked a lot on fleabay because of it.

Wish I'd took the plunge ages ago.

dsc02566qt0.jpg

my preamp
V1 - tungsole reissue 12 ax7
V2- high gain JJECC838
V3- Penta labs 12AX7
V4- Penta labs 12AX7
V5- Shuguang 12 AX7C9
V6- Sovtek 12AX7 7LPS

SV6L6GC (winged C's) Power tubes.
All I can do is smile.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zakkfaerum said:
The Roadster is an amazing amp. Everything you could ask for wrapped up in one amp!! Good job Mesa on this one!!

Very under rated amp, and can do allot. I am thinking about dropping in the KT77's (I think don't quote me on that, I need to do a search), and get it going.

Still stock, still rockin... :twisted: :twisted:

I'm starting to get that infamous Channel 3 pop. And I cycle through channels while on standby...It hasn't done this until now and I've had it going on two months.

Latest posts

Back