Mark iii Blue Stripe 60w gain and volume loss on lead channel.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amp sounded great before any bias fiddling was done. This was with a bias of 46mA.
Since I recapped and did the bias mod, somewhere along the line it started sounding low in gain and volume, but I’m not sure when this happened.

I have rolled every tube in every position.

I don’t really care what the bias point is as long as the amp sound right.

Would the reverb circuit be responsible for these symptoms?

I would check the plate resistors on V3A pin 1 and V3B pin six, carefully check the voltage at the 12ax7 pins 1, 6 to see that the voltage is up to par. V3 is your lead drive tube. Pins 1 should read around 258, pin 3 (the cathode) about 2 volts, pin 6 around 200 volts dc. pin 8 around 2 volts. If they are in the park, check your 12ax7, though you had said you rolled them already, if the lead channel was fine before the cap change, I would recheck the solder joints to all the electrolytic caps, sometimes a pad or trace can lift and not get a good connection, you have to add a jumper wire to reconnect conductivity if the trace is damaged, it happens, pc boards are prone to this, especially if one does not have experience soldering pc boards, believe me I learned the hard way, now I am decent at it :) All the best with it! You only changed the electrolytic caps right? I would not change the orange drops unless they are leaky, kind of rare that would happen, electrolytic caps eventually need to be replaced as you know after so many years or signs of failure :)
:D

Latest posts

Back