Proud Roadster Owner!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm prob going to get a roadster at the end of this summer, once i get all my money. I can't wait!!!! I wish i could have it at the start of summer tho because I'm doing a bunch of gigs.

stratman687 said:
I'm prob going to get a roadster at the end of this summer, once i get all my money. I can't wait!!!! I wish i could have it at the start of summer tho because I'm doing a bunch of gigs.
Get a loan. :)

Nitrobattery said:
At 100watts the amp roars at high volumes staying tighter than a nun's *******.

Have you considered a career in journalism?

Congrats on the amp!

:lol:

Charlie said:
Nitrobattery said:
At 100watts the amp roars at high volumes staying tighter than a nun's *******.

Have you considered a career in journalism?

Congrats on the amp!

:lol:

Haha, I thought about it.

I just stuck some EL34's in the Roadster and it sounds better than I ever imagined. The cleans have more sparkle and the dirty tones are just godly.

Which brand of EL34s do you have in it? I'm very curious. :)

I love my Roadster head too, can dial in almost anything! It is fantastic... I haven't swapped the tubes yet though. Have you guys experimented?

thejay said:
I love my Roadster head too, can dial in almost anything! It is fantastic... I haven't swapped the tubes yet though. Have you guys experimented?
read my post above, after replacing those tubes it really improved the amps performance.

Anyone have any nice heavy rhythm and lead settings? I'm really trying to explore the amp but every time I find something good I kind of mess it up and it sounds so-so again.

I think I need to learn to leave the shiny knobs alone.

Yessir! We love the Roadster. :)

Here's mine.

backwallqb4.jpg

Glad you got it and like it,
Eric

Fixxer6671 said:
zakkfaerum said:
The Roadster is an amazing amp. Everything you could ask for wrapped up in one amp!! Good job Mesa on this one!!

Very under rated amp, and can do allot. I am thinking about dropping in the KT77's (I think don't quote me on that, I need to do a search), and get it going.

Still stock, still rockin... :twisted: :twisted:

i had the kt77s in mine for a while..... definitely an awesome tube.... the cleans are still clean, the gains still have girth but you get a more aggressive, tight attack similar to the el34s..... i switched back to 6l6s because i got bored and wanted to do compare but never ended up throwing them back in because im lazy.... they'll make it back i there soon though

Hmmm......I would love to see them throw in the 10 watt Class A option like the Lonestar Classic.

I did a gig last weekend with my Roadster combo and the sound tech there told me he really liked my tone(and the whole band tone as well)...again, he was surprised to see I was using a Mesa :D (seing that I was playing with a Telecaster) Another one thinking Mesa were only good for metal. We do a lot of covers from british bands like Bloc Party and Maximo Park and the Roadster can do it all! Thanks Mesa for the "Brit" channel!
:p

Roadster hands down is the best Mesa Boogie I have ever owned....but the TremOVerb still has a place in my heart...
Is this turning into the official thread for the Roadster? :lol:
Gratz on the amp and sweet blackface.

Welcome!

just got my roadster head last week and love. i cant say enough about. it seems to have that infamous third channel "pop" that ive heard alot about. other than that its amazing, the stock tubes are pretty good. My first Boogie:)

if you want an SE mode like the lone star or any other amp that switches you can put it in yourself. You have to mute the input of one side of the push pull set. Between the PI and the Power tubes you ground the input of the power tubes that need muted. Very very easy and it's been around for a long time, mesa didn't invent it. They want you to believe they did since they managed to get a patented for it after the guy who invented it died.

Latest posts

Back