Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ToneAddictJon said:
Hard to get all of this into one picture :wink:

P6110460.jpg

P6110459.jpg

P6110458.jpg

P6110457.jpg

P6110453.jpg

P6110456.jpg

which heads are running into which cabs

recto-2x12"
MKIV-Theile
MkIII-Open back
thats what I would run
or a combination of heads into the cabs

ohh is that MKIII by the way

It is a Mark III in the middle, I love it but it is probably gonna go bye-bye (Too much good tone!!!). Right now I'm running the Mark IV into the Thiele and 2x12 the Recto into the 2x12 and Rocktron 1x12 the Mark III into the open back. But this could all change within seconds 8)

BTW for those of you who haven't had the chance to run a Mark IV and Recto together..... It's the biggest, smoothest, hardest, filthiest sound you could ever wish for :wink:

Coeur de Blues said:
IMG_0031.jpg

It's not my main guitar, but I show you my main amps.

Nice setup, how do you like the rocktron velocity power amp? been thinking of getting one to run my Mark IV in stereo

Coeur de Blues said:
IMG_0031.jpg

It's not my main guitar, but I show you my main amps.

Nice rig. Who makes the vertical slant 2x12?

Thanks, but it's not gonna be permanent. Just testing as much stuff as I can afford to see what I'm gonna keep. Right now the Mark IV and the DR are staying (as well as all the cabs :lol: ) but the Mark III is going up on CL. I just can't justify having 3 heads, especially when it's gonna be one main rig and a backup rig. I might get rid of the open back as well, but we'll see what happens after the Mark III is gone.

I think I would only toss the Rocktron after the III leaves.

Surprisingly, the rocktron sounds really good (especially for $140 new) and the low price also kills the resale, where I could get more for the open back mesa that doesn't have the punch of the ported rocktron. If I can though I'll keep them all :D

Your open back and Thiele basically give you the sounds of the old metal grille halfback 2x12. Those cabinets rock. The sealed 2x12 will give you punch. Sometimes it is nice to play a simple openback. That is why I was saying maybe dump the Rocktron. Plus your rig will be all Mesa.

ToneAddictJon said:
Surprisingly, the rocktron sounds really good

Why surprisingly ?
Everything from ADA is really good.
I had MP2 and MP-1 666 modded and a microtube 100 power amp.
Awsome stuff.Sold them to build my today's rig = triaxis+gmajor+2.90 :wink:

Very true Russ, I think I might have to now :D I do love the sound of all 3 of those Mesa cabs together. And I meant surprisingly because of the price of the Rocktron, I've used rocktron and ADA stuff before and loved it, but for a cab that cheap, who would of thought.....

The velocity make very good job, it is only a power amp, the tone come from tube amp (Mesa or Bogner), so very good sound.

The 2x12 cab is a standard 4x12 Marshall 1960A cut in two by a carpenter, very good solution and good sound and it takes little space.

MESA BOOGIE ROADKING SERIES II
MESA BOOGIE STANDAR RECTIFIER 4X12 CABINET
GNX4(I USE THAT FOR ALL MY EFFECTS LIKE DELAY PHASER ETC ETC I USE THE LINE INPUT SO IT GIVES ME A CLEAN SIGNAL SO I TWEAK IT SO THE GNX4 ACTIVATES ALL THE EFFECTS MADE AND PUP THEY ARE THERE NICE THING BY THE WAY :p)

ERNIE BALL MUSIC MAN JOHN PETRUCCI 6STRING PEARL REDBURST
ERNIE BALL MUSIC MAN SUB1 WITH D SONIC ON THE BRIDGE
EPIPHONE LES PAUL (SECOND GUITAR)
FENNDER SQUIRE
EPHIPHONE LES PAUL NECK SG
ACOUSTIC FENDER 20 ANNIVERSARY
FENDER ACOUSTIC STRATOCASTER
IBANEZ BASS GUITAR
IBANEZ RG7321 7 STRING GUITAR WITH AIR NORTON ON NECK AND D SONIC ON BRIDGE
ETC ETC

The TRIAXIS and 2:90 are my primary rig. The other stuff I have collected over the years.

GUITARS from L to R are ESP Custom Shop Eclipse with EMG's , ESP LYNCH Kamikaze 3 , Musicman LUKE with EMG's and locking trem , Musicman AXIS , USA STRAT with Hotrail PU's , KRAMER SUSTAINER with FLOYED ROSE TREM , Ibanez RG 520.

IMG_0627.jpg

usngeetars1-1.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

usngeetars2-1.jpg

I wouldn't be those cabnets,they are carrying the weight of the world :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back