Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being facetious. I love EVM's though. I know my Traditional cab with V30's sounds great. I can only imagine what an Orange sounds like.

haha Its funny that you guys really love orange amps/cabs which are from the UK and alot of people over here really dont like them and prefer the likes of boogies etc

then again we can go and pick up a orange amp for cheaper than we can a mesa over here and you guys can probably pick up a mesa over in the states a lot cheaper than you can an Orange,

I take it orange amps are pretty rare in the states because the likes of mesa boogies are pretty rare over here,For example In my city there is only Myself and say another 3 guys who own a mesa!!!!!!from this forum it seems that they are alot more common,when I walk into a venue with my 3 channel dual rec there are literally murmurs from people and pointing at my mesa and then the odd guy/gal sayin "wow a real mesa boogie that looks and sounds awsome"

That probably sound crazy to you guys

mesanomad100 said:
That probably sound crazy to you guys

I know what you mean, and you're right. Over here, for ever 10-20 mesa's or marshall's you see, there's maybe 2 Oranges, although with bigger acts they have become more popular, but for local and regional bands, when my other guitarist gets his cabs, he'll be the only one that I know of around to have them lol. Then again, he's the only one around that I know of that also has a Hughes and Kettner TriAmp too....I'd say the rarest of amps that I've seen are Diezels, VHT's and H&K's. The most popular are M/B, Marshall, Peavey, Fender :lol: (I play hardcore rock......not one of Fender's best genre's) and the occasional Randall. I guess it just depends where you live and what people can get their hands on to play their style of music.

-AJH

yea you are 100% right i know two people in my whole region who own them its myself and my friend from a band called thirteen yards to victory other than that nobody has one in pretty much the whole boston area that i have played with, but when it comes to mesa so many people have them litterally almost every band i play with has at least a mesa sometimes two

*shrug* orange cabs are only about $100 more than mesa cabs here in canada. as i stated above, i wasn't too impressed with mesa cabs (the standards at least. the traditionals were great), but my orange cabs blow them out of the water.

orange cab's with new style mesa's...recto's so on sound great.. but the older model's mK iv so on.. really don't sound to great at all..

i've yet to find an amp that doesn't sound f'ing great through an orange cab.

l_5989e4a1084388ec34e9676e6c73465f.jpg

Amps
Mesa 3 ch Triple rec
Mesa 4 x 12
Marshall jcm900
Old 60's Laney cab
cheap 4 x 12 cab

I run the mesa in to the mesa cab and cheap 4x12 and from the line out to the return of the marshall in to the 60s laney cab.

Guitars
Ltd esp eclipse ec1000
PRS ce24
Fender Jaguar
Fender Telecaster custom 72
Gibson Explorer
a stupid ibanez 7 string

Effects
Digitech Whammy
Line 6 mm4
Line 6 fm4
Line 6 dl4
boss ge7 (i put it in the effects loop of the mesa)
boss bass synth
boss dd3 delay
boss ph3 super phaser
bob moog ring modulator
boss tu2
boss ns2
boss super overdrive

it sounds ace.

I have to admit the Traditional 4x12 is an awesome sounding cab.

Shep said:
orange cab's with new style mesa's...recto's so on sound great.. but the older model's mK iv so on.. really don't sound to great at all..
Really? Can you explain? I was thinking of getting a Orange 4x12 for my new Mark IV.

the orange cab is alittle to middy... i could REALLY tell this the other day when i had my Mesa 4x12 with V30's and a friends orange 4x12 with V 30's.. I had my mk III on me at the time and we tired the mesa first, Huge tone.. big and powerful chunky chords and the tightness and clarity of the note was So SO nice.. then we tried the orange and it was like someone had striped all the gut's out and made it heap's middy..this also was the same for my own cab's when i had them a while back.. i really think this is why .. mk's are very mid based and for a cab to be very mid based things start to get bad..but amp's like the dual recto will sound a million bucks...the other guitarist in my band has this setup ...gibson LP custom SG-lead-dual recto-lead-orange.. That sounds huge..
for me MESA amp's are suited so well to mesa speaker's why bother changing thing's..

its straight and to the point. im borrowing my friends Behringer tuner, until i can get the money for a good korg rackmount tuner.
Picture018.jpg

Shep said:
the orange cab is alittle to middy... i could REALLY tell this the other day when i had my Mesa 4x12 with V30's and a friends orange 4x12 with V 30's.. I had my mk III on me at the time and we tired the mesa first, Huge tone.. big and powerful chunky chords and the tightness and clarity of the note was So SO nice.. then we tried the orange and it was like someone had striped all the gut's out and made it heap's middy..this also was the same for my own cab's when i had them a while back.. i really think this is why .. mk's are very mid based and for a cab to be very mid based things start to get bad..but amp's like the dual recto will sound a million bucks...the other guitarist in my band has this setup ...gibson LP custom SG-lead-dual recto-lead-orange.. That sounds huge..
for me MESA amp's are suited so well to mesa speaker's why bother changing thing's..
Thank you for the input, now you got me thinking.......... :?:

My wall of TONE!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/SACLUNCH/IMG_1284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back