Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ytse_jam said:
nexus said:
ytse_jam said:
hey nexus, have you ever used the G·Force's distortion? how do you like it?

Never tried that distortion...

I can try that when i have some time to play with it.

Have you tried that?
no, i don't own a G·Force... I was trying to understand if the G·Force and its ulterior features are a great step up in comparison with the G·Major, or if they're both of the same quality...

I don´t know how TC makes those units. I think g-major has something less than g-force. But quality is the same. NO SURE ABOUT THIS.
G-Force is exellent, that i know

Always willing for more but here's the current...

rig007.jpg

Pic would look better w/ a DR or TR head sitting on a 4x12 and 2x12. I'll call it a 3/4 stack! Hey wait a minute...What do the folks in Europe refer to head and cab combinations? Royale w/cheese?

Finally back with some pics of my rig.

mesastacksmall.JPG

3 channel DR with 2 Recto Standard 4x12's w/ side armor

benjies1.JPG

The first 3 are mine. They are: Epiphone Les Paul Standard in black, Epiphone Slash Signature Series Les Paul with Gibson 496R (coil tapped) and 57' Classic Plus pickups along with other mods, and a Gibson Les Paul DC Standard in blue (my #1).

benjies2.JPG

My (messy) pedalboard. SKB powered board. Boss TU-2 tuner, Boss AC-2 acoustic sim, Dunlop Mr. Crybaby Super wah/volume, Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer, Boss NS-2 noise supressor. In my effects loop is a Boss RV-5 reverb, Boss CE-5 chorus ensemble, and Boss TR-2 tremolo

benjies4.JPG

In action

benjies8.JPG

With the Gibson

I love the CFH. Its got so much high end! But if I find something else that really kicks its ***, I'll switch.

jtb226 said:
benjies2.JPG

My (messy) pedalboard. SKB powered board. Boss TU-2 tuner, Boss AC-2 acoustic sim, Dunlop Mr. Crybaby Super wah/volume, Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer, Boss NS-2 noise supressor. In my effects loop is a Boss RV-5 reverb, Boss CE-5 chorus ensemble, and Boss TR-2 tremolo

i have the same SKB powered board, had it for about five years now. the first year i had it i used all the loops and the AC power it came with. it made alot of noise and one night at a gig someone suggested that i not use the wiring from the board cause it was poorly made. instead, he suggested i use a power supply like the voodoo lab power pedal. after i got it and stopped using the loop plugs from the SKB, my sound improved so much!

now i just use the pedalboard to hold my pedals in place until i get a pedaltrain. then i can stick the power pedal underneath the board.

try it and see if it works for you!

BTW: killer guitar! i love it!!!

i was considering that actually. the SKB board is doing ok though. it is noisy in my lead singer's basement where we practice, but at the gig the other night, it was quiet as could be. so i'm gonna go with it like that until it stops working, then i'll probably go with a pedaltrain or something like it.

which guitar did you like?

I just took these pics tonight with my crappy cam. This is my Japan rig.
Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011.jpg

This is the crap at home that needs to go on EBay............
Picture007.jpg

This is a modified 5150 head with 3 channels, seperate eq for each channel, a switch to have a 5150 II type distortion, fan, and EL34/6L6 switch

Picture010.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture175.jpg

Picture168.jpg

Picture157.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture149.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture142.jpg

This last picture is the amp that's waiting for me back home to come pick up.......

6113_1.jpg

Greg

eltrain858 said:
DUDE, what are you, some kind of peavert? :lol:

I knew you A$$holes wouldn't let all that peavey gear go without cracking a joke :) What's a 17 year old to do when they have the option of buying all that gear for the price of 1 Mesa rig? The thing about the gear that I pictured is that it ALL has gone way up in value (some of it triple what I paid) so I'll be laughing.....all the way to the bank so I can dump it all into my car (AKA "money pit"). We all make mistakes can I be forgiven of my sins? I am making it up!!! I just bought another triaxis and 290! Does that make me cooler? :)

Greg

Yeah I suppose I forgive ya man,Ive tried some peavey stuff before and its killer,but majority of it is just crap,that modded 5150 looks odd,did you do it yourself or have someone do it,some of the cleans on tube peaveys I prefer to mesa stuff(a sin on my behalf),all mesa amps are high gain so there cleans are never that amazing IMHO but there are acceptions like the lonestars and that but on the hole they are never that amazing,still great but not amazing,then again they are still gonna destroy any Marshall

Just my opinion

Im jsut stickin up for the guy

ahhh Im gonna get slaughtered

When i first was introduced to PV stuff it was the first time i had a loud powerful amp (the 5150) so i thought it was cool. I joined the message board at PV.com and they bashed everything that cost more than PV stuff saying it was overpriced and not worth it. I didn't know any better so I agreed but I still didn't like the recto tone anyway. If i would have been introduced to the Mark series back then it would have been all over! My triaxis is my favorite tone generating product i've owned thus far I just hope it gets better with the Mark IV. I have a Triaxis and 290 getting sent to my home so I can compare them directly when I go home for a little vacation.

I guess just like most people as I grow older my tastes change (i hope for the better anyway) so this should be a step in the right direction. I don't like the scooped tone and I would always run my 5150 with the mid above 5 almost always.

I modded the 5150 head when I was 17 but I didn't have any electronic training. Before I sell it I will probably redo a bunch of stuff to make it look better. I just tried to take everyone's complaints and make the ultimate 5150 (seperate EQ, better clean, EL34 power section, 3 channels, etc).

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back