Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ said:
Don't you have a JC-120H also? I could have sworn you outbid me on e-bay for it a couple years ago.

Yup, it was a sweet deal too, I think around $250
6165113e.jpg

Greenevil, how does the studio/quad into the 400 compare to the Mark IV???

4nkam said:
Russ said:
Don't you have a JC-120H also? I could have sworn you outbid me on e-bay for it a couple years ago.

6165113e.jpg

Hrm... very good question. The Quad and Mark IV can sound close but I think the Mark IV has a bit more tonal options. (voicings, class A or Simulclass, mid range/harmonic switch, etc.) The Quad does have some pushpull knobs that the Mark IV doesn't have, like the deep switch and the pull treble switch so again you can really tweek the tone. The Quad into the 400 does sounds amazing though, the Mark IV to me has more bottom end however, the Quad does come close to the Mark IIc+. Man this is a hard question! LOL The Studio sounds great but to my ears lacks something, even sounds a bit fuzzy, that could also be from the 12AX7s I am running. For a good comparison, the Studio Running into the 400 sounds a lot like James Hetfield's tone on Garage Days Revisited. The Mark IV is a bit like the Black Album tone. I will say that the Studio/Quad into the 400 is MUCH louder than the Mark IV haha I guess overall they all have their unique tonal qualities but as far as the raw amp sound I think I prefer the Mark IV. The Quad/Studio sound great raw but for my tastes I need to use my B&B EQF-2 to really get the crunch that I am looking for... hopefully this helps... the only thing I can is put a sample up and let your ears decide...

****.. you guys have some serious gear. Does anyone else get nervous as hell when they leave their house that some ******* is gonna come by and swipe it all? Even though I have insurance, I still get nervous sometimes about that thought... :?

mrd said:
****.. you guys have some serious gear. Does anyone else get nervous as hell when they leave their house that some ******* is gonna come by and swipe it all? Even though I have insurance, I still get nervous sometimes about that thought... :?

happened to me once about two years ago.. left my sliding glass door on the balcony open when i went to work.. some jackhole hopped up on the balcony, cleaned me out and took it right out the front door.

he got:

'98 USA Strat w/ custom PU's + case
Tacoma DM-10 + case
Epiphone Dot + gigbag
Line 6 Floorboard

also a camera, an uninstalled car stereo + sub, as well as some really random stuff like cologne, a skateboard i just made for my girlfriend, assorted foreign pocket change, and a snowboarding jacket.

probably just some kids passing through the apartment complex... luckily insurance kicked me down for it all or i wouldn't be boogieing right now

thought this was amusing enough to post. although it looks like it could be a Boogie ad showing the "timelessness" of the Mark IV, these two pictures were actually taken during the same recording session. i have no explanation for the horrid discrepancy between photos.

4nkam said:
Russ said:

6165113e.jpg

That was you...

I use mesa like this.

wiring:
Guitar- Rocktron black cat wah/moan - ernie ball vol - Triaxis - 2:90 - cab (at home 2x12 rect, at reh. 4x12)
Triaxis effects loop: from triaxis send to rocktron Hush super c - TC G-Force - to triaxis return.

Pedalboard is: Two ernieball vol pedals, rocktron all access, rocktron black cat wah/moan.
1 vol pedal used as vol. 1 vol pedal goes to all access and there to g-force. This pedal is for effects, delay feedback or mix, sometimes flanger...anything you just like to have, and real time.

Some pics
Rack.JPG

rack%20back.JPG

rack%20back2.JPG

racks%20right.JPG

pedaalilauta.jpg

pedaali2.jpg

This at home. And i record our songs like this. Left shure57, right sennheiser md421
2x12.jpg

Ugly ME :) warming up before RED REC BUTTON.
Juha%20Recording1.JPG

And our two song here:
http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=44680&displ_lang=en

I think this is my equipment for now. Lots of money, but big smiles when u rock with these.

Nexus, you've got some chops man, I really dig that instrumental, very good guitar playing and tone. Rock on man!

-AJH

oh thanks man!!!

and CHEERS!!! it´s friday here in Finland too :lol:

hey nexus, have you ever used the G·Force's distortion? how do you like it?

Russ That was you...[/quote said:
it happens more often than we think . . . once i was outbidded on a Barber Direct Drive auction by .30 and happened to be a brazilian guy from São Paulo that i know :shock: :shock:

I just haven't run into anyone that has bid against me yet. Much less someone that outbid me.

Russ said:
I just haven't run into anyone that has bid against me yet. Much less someone that outbid me.

so what you're trying to say when you said that: :?: :?:

"Don't you have a JC-120H also? I could have sworn you outbid me on e-bay for it a couple years ago."

I thought I had seen his rig with the JC-120 head but his previous post didn't show it. So I thought I would ask about it.

ytse_jam said:

Never tried that distortion...

I can try that when i have some time to play with it.

Have you tried that?

73h Nils said:
nexus: Holy F, man. That is a sick pedalboard. :twisted:

Yes it is. Now i like it!!!

Now i can control everything with that and thats COOL... some RIVERDANCE at the stage :lol:

nexus said:
ytse_jam said:

Never tried that distortion...

I can try that when i have some time to play with it.

Have you tried that?
no, i don't own a G·Force... I was trying to understand if the G·Force and its ulterior features are a great step up in comparison with the G·Major, or if they're both of the same quality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back