Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David.W said:
Hey flogger, how do you like the HD147? Do you find it models the mesa stuff well?
I've had the mesas less than a week , and the hd147 about a month ... I'm still on the figuring them out stage.

first impression is that the hd147 recto models sound like the mesas line out direct rather than what you hear from the cab.
It also has a trace of digital fizz , but I've learned you can use a tube pre in the loop to scrub that off.
I've worked my way up to the marshall silver jubilee and haven't been able to stop playing that one long enough to try dialing in any of the higher gain ones...

Is that Line 6 a tube amp?

Its solid state/digital

Flogger I was so close to buying one a few years ago, but I just couldnt get the promised models at high volumes. I found the tube amps to have a much more physical sound, just thought i'd ask.

nice rig.[/quote]

Hey Flogger, how does your 2X12 sound for Hard rock type stuff? Does it sound big? Im looking for a 2x12 that can rival a 4x12.

I don't to carry around a huge 4x12.

My rig:

l_89fbbbc54b0fefdacecc6dcf505a6658.jpg

MyGeekedRigII.jpg

Update:

I rewired it a while ago, so now it looks like this. Sounds Killer. The Boogie is running KT66's.

barneyc4 said:
Hey Flogger, how does your 2X12 sound for Hard rock type stuff? Does it sound big? Im looking for a 2x12 that can rival a 4x12.

I don't to carry around a huge 4x12.
the gflex has better than average bottom end , but its still a 2x12 .
it will handle more power than a 4x12 loaded with greenbacks , but its more directional , and harder to hear if its on the floor.

on a side note, picked up my first boogie cab today
boogie.jpg

wasn't too impressed running the stilleto through it , much less efficient and toneful than the greenback loaded legacy cab I use.
then I hooked up the dual rect , and 'holy sheetz' , the recto came alive !
I know , "welcome to 1992" :idea:

Just found an old pic. Doesn't have my Mesa or my Gretsch's though.

:lol:

guitars.jpg

Wow, is that Goldtop greening? Nice AX too.

The Goldtop is a total frankenstein from '73. I'm not even sure it's supposed to be a gold top. It plays and sounds great though that's my #1.

I think it looks kinds like some kewl mojo...

here's a rendering that i did of my rig in Paint. i'll have to take some pictures of it at my gig next week. until then, this'll have to do i guess. lol

P.S. i actually use the 5 button switch, but i couldn't find a pic of it to use. Amp is loaded with a Mesa SPAX7 in V1, GT ECC83S in V2-5 and JJ 6L6GC's.

my%20rig.JPG

i just ordered a pedaltrain board to put my pedals on, so last night i drew up this horridly lo-fi signal chain diagram in MS Paint. hopefully within a week i will have a real picture! :lol:

Looks like South Park :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was expecting to see Kenny's head hanging out of the Wylde-o-wah... :lol:

eltrain858, that's a cool little diagram haha. Vert crafty, hope it all fits like you plan, good stuff man..

-AJH

Hey jtb226, try using an OD pedal instead of that compression pedal. I don't know if you would be able to do this, but my buddy made me a TS-808 replica from schematics on the net (tonepad.com) and it sounds worlds better than the compression pedal. Sounds a lot smoother and defined. The compression pedal sounds noisy to me now that I have the OD. Might be something to look into. Nice rig though 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back