Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yetti said:
@ Screamindaisy, I dig those 1x12s Nice and clean, If i have to get rid of my 4x12 someday i could see my self getting a pair of those, i havent dont much research but are those what they refer to the Thele's? Do they come in different configs, like maybe a C90s and V30s?

The bottom one is a theile, the top is an open back. My theory was that the theile would provide the thump while the open back would reflect off the wall and spread the sound around better. It works pretty good.

Yesterday was the first time I actually tried the theile with a full band and it held it's own really well. It also wasn't as direction as the 2x12 I normally use. I haven't tried the pair yet with a band yet...

Stock they come with C90s (it's what mine have), but you should be able to order them with V30s.

IMG_4731.jpg

randallhead.jpg

straightcabs1211.jpg

pedbored12-10-10.jpg

Rig updates... got those two straight angled cabs finished... one with V30's the other with C90's
also the recto 2x12 with C90's... Pedalboard updated with the original Budda wah pedal.

well... the C90's are less harsh than the V30's so I use orange channel with the C90's with the channel set to RAW for aa nice broken up tone... The C90's kicks *** on yellow and green (clean channels) but I put the yellow on the V30's and the green on the C90's..

The Vintage 30's owns the red channel... I think Ill just show up to future gigs with 10 bucks and a smile for 2 mics from the desk.

I still have 2 V30's left... I think Ill get an empty 2x12 to go with my other 2x12 and call that my half stack.

I like having 2 - 4x12's in the basement but I dont think they will be seeing the light of stage anytime soon. I still have an empty mesa recto slant and those EV- evf fender labled guitar speakers....... You know how to swap out the mount screws by any chance??

Here's mine guys:

001.jpg

002.jpg

I bought an Xotic EP Booster recently and added that one to the rig that you see on the pics. And that's about it. Perfectly happy with it! Delivers every sound i need and also looks quite fancy. :)

konstantine RK said:
I still have an empty mesa recto slant and those EV- evf fender labled guitar speakers....... You know how to swap out the mount screws by any chance??

Nope. All my speaker swaps have been able to use the stock mounting positions. If you're actually going to try it I don't envy you.... :lol:

guitarrero said:
Here's mine guys:

001.jpg

002.jpg

I bought an Xotic EP Booster recently and added that one to the rig that you see on the pics. And that's about it. Perfectly happy with it! Delivers every sound i need and also looks quite fancy. :)

welcome on board!
very nice looking rig you got there going.
hope that i can hear it in the near future.

haha, you're everywhere, Joe, huh? :) Nice... yeah, we definitely need to meet and tweak it a bit soon! :)

Hey Daisy, is that the new Cantrell wah in your pic? If it is, how do you like it?

I just finished the re-tolex job on my Mesa Dual Rectifier. Let me know what you think!
I also own an Orange Rockerverb 100 so my intention was to match them as much as possible.

o547zo.png

fluff191 said:
Hey Daisy, is that the new Cantrell wah in your pic? If it is, how do you like it?

I think it's awesome with the Mark V.

I think it's mediocre with the Recto.

Then again, any wah I've tried with a Recto sounds mediocre....

engulfedinlies said:
I just finished the re-tolex job on my Mesa Dual Rectifier. Let me know what you think!
I also own an Orange Rockerverb 100 so my intention was to match them as much as possible.

o547zo.png

Very clean job. Looks great mate.

engulfedinlies said:

The back looks cool, but when I look at the front all I see is a rather boring faceplate... kind of detracts from the whole experience.

Have you thought about putting the grille on the front and leaving the rear open? Or do you have plans for the front?

screamingdaisy said:
engulfedinlies said:

The back looks cool, but when I look at the front all I see is a rather boring faceplate... kind of detracts from the whole experience.

Have you thought about putting the grille on the front and leaving the rear open? Or do you have plans for the front?

I have a lot of ideas for the front but can't figure out exactly what to do. Like I said, I'm trying to primarily base it around the look of the Rockerverb but I also want to incorporate the Mesa logo as well. So right now I'm looking into possibly getting a front decal made up that is similar to the Orange, but I have a lot of ideas running through my head.. haha Thanks for the input though!

engulfedinlies said:
I have a lot of ideas for the front but can't figure out exactly what to do. Like I said, I'm trying to primarily base it around the look of the Rockerverb but I also want to incorporate the Mesa logo as well. So right now I'm looking into possibly getting a front decal made up that is similar to the Orange, but I have a lot of ideas running through my head.. haha Thanks for the input though!

Basket weave, like on the grille cloth of an Orange cab?

rkng_bt.jpg

engulfedinlies said:

o547zo.png

If you could either paint very cleanly, or screen print on the faceplate, you could put this logo in black on the Upper left, and then maybe put a black box pinstripe around the faceplate, that encompasses the logo.
mesaboogie_logo_300.jpg

That would look pretty nice, or the "Boogie" logo. Or, just buy the
Mesa/Boogie metal logo and attach it to the white faceplate, then add the black pinstripe. Maybe even put the Orange stripe across
the bottom of the of the white, to match the Orange bar in the middle of the faceplate. I just got a new mac, and once I get some photo editing software, I can try to make an image of what I am talking about. You did a great job on the tolex and grille work, that is super clean and looks factory ordered.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
If you could either paint very cleanly, or screen print on the faceplate, you could put this logo in black on the Upper left, and then maybe put a black box pinstripe around the faceplate, that encompasses the logo.
mesaboogie_logo_300.jpg

That would look pretty nice, or the "Boogie" logo. Or, just buy the
Mesa/Boogie metal logo and attach it to the white faceplate, then add the black pinstripe. Maybe even put the Orange stripe across
the bottom of the of the white, to match the Orange bar in the middle of the faceplate. I just got a new mac, and once I get some photo editing software, I can try to make an image of what I am talking about. You did a great job on the tolex and grille work, that is super clean and looks factory ordered.

-AJH

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about incorporating the vintage Mesa/Boogie logo into it. I do a lot of graphic design myself and I already came up with a full resolution image in Photoshop that I could get printed right now on white vinyl (if I knew of somewhere i could get it printed). But I'm still bouncing around other ideas to see what I like best. I love all your input! Here's one of the things I had in mind..

289lf8w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back