• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

possible ebay fraud ? MKIIC+ long head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! just amazing... he didn't even give me time to buy the amp ;)

well I guess I'm officially in the clear now. Weird, I still haven't received a reply from ebay's resolution center :? Too bad you can't see the names of biddersa anymore. they need to be warned...

The admonishment to NOT do cash transfers with "moneygrams" is literally plastered all over eBay, Pay Pal, and hell, Google. Never do this. NEVER.

jerseydrew said:

I went through an ordeal like this with a Maple cab MkIV a while back. It was several months before the amp was relisted on another hijacked Ebay account. I alerted Ebay with the old and new item #'s so that they could see the identical pics and description. They did NOTHING :evil: . So I waited till the last seconds of this scammers' auction, and promptly bid $5500.00 :lol: :lol: :lol: . Then I contacted the scammer to inform him/her that they would not see a dime of this money, and that I would be the high bidder each and every time that they tried to list it. I have not seen it back on the 'bay since that day. :twisted:

gts said:
Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is some funny sh!t Joey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought the same thing then thought... hey wait a minute ... :cry: :lol:
I got all my money back from the scammer, but it was 2 weeks of pure HELL. This guy sounds like a fine candidate for a "hail mary" bid. :lol:

indeed, good job! so... that's how you get their attention, gotta call them! ;)

btw, I still haven't gotten a reply from ebay on my complaint :?

By the time I saw this the listing had been deleted. Where was the guy from? If we can post locations it helps people not get taken on Craigslist by the same dirtbag. It also helps cause someone locally can go check it out to see if it's legit - and then fix the guy up real good if it's not ; )

gts said:
Yes to the "Hail Mary Bid"! I like the idea and it has a nice ring to it.

Only to be used if it is a 100% scam, and Ebay is of no help. Much like the phrase "In case of emergency, break glass !" :lol:

metal190 said:
By the time I saw this the listing had been deleted. Where was the guy from? If we can post locations it helps people not get taken on Craigslist by the same dirtbag. It also helps cause someone locally can go check it out to see if it's legit - and then fix the guy up real good if it's not ; )

If I do any Craigslist buys, the gear shall be presented first, and the Dirty Harry .44 magnum will not be far from reach :twisted: .

metal190 said:
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Molina
Address: xxxx
Zip Code: 93212
City: Corcoran
State: CA

I x'd out his address just to be careful ;) Never know though, it could be his dad's, friend's or whomever's name/address

The guy is a four hour drive from me. Did we determine that he has or has not screwed over some people, in other words, have people who did not receive the amp been properly refunded? Vigilante justice can't really be employed against a guy who was successfully prevented from scamming. ; )

metal190 said:
The guy is a four hour drive from me. Did we determine that he has or has not screwed over some people, in other words, have people who did not receive the amp been properly refunded? Vigilante justice can't really be employed against a guy who was successfully prevented from scamming. ; )

I don't think that any money was lost, however the attempt to scam people is evident.

Even though I got all my money back from my scammer, I would love to return the "favor" to him someday. :evil:

Yeah, there's a scammer I never got any money back from. He ended up costing me a few hundred bucks. I have kept his number in my phone. It's been about a year and I randomly called him again (I hadn't talked to him in about a year cause he started screening my calls). I guess he forgot my number, cause he answered the phone. So I told him I thought he was a dirt bag. He offered to refund my money if I sent him an email invoice. I did, and he hasn't (as expected). I'll call him again and maybe threaten him a bit. If I can't get my money back, I'll at least hassle him and remind him how he sold his soul for as long as he has that same phone number.

Latest posts

Back