• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

possible ebay fraud ? MKIIC+ long head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-MK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ330239655777QQcmdZViewItem

it appears the initinal winner (up the 2nd time now) paid, but never got the amp, then a friend of mine paid for it (as supposingly the ebay deal fell through) only to hear afterwards that it sold locally. now its up again. same seller that sold the C++ some weeks ago ? anybody know this guy ?

well ... be my guest to bid on it ... :D. from what I have heard its been allready paid for twice and is up on ebay again.

bigmouth said:
well ... be my guest to bid on it ... :D. from what I have heard its been already paid for twice and is up on ebay again.

Hell no, I'm no dummy. Where there's smoke there's fire. Too many red flags. I just wasn't sure how you were positive it's a fraud. Like I said, I've seen plenty of times where an auction ended with a winner only to be auctioned again.

so, did you ever get permission to upload his experience ? sold twice so far, still up on ebay and counting and now listed through a different party in parallel ... :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-MK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ370056927660QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370056927660&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I asked the seller why the amp was up on ebay for the 2nd or 3rd time, and this is what he replied: "There were communication problems with the last two buyers. That's why it's up for sale again."

Weird.

I've made a point to never buy anything expensive on ebay unless I can talk directly with the owner on the phone. I'll talk for an hour or so. If I don't like the guy, I won't buy it.

This guy said the 1st 2 sales fell through, but there are different pictures????

I bought a McCarty a year ago. I did a wire transfer, which I'm always nervous about.

The guy emailed me back in a frenzy and said he had given me the wrong account info.

The seller's name was Gary something (really white-bread last name) in New York. The bank info name was Ivan Voltafski or something like that. I was really suspicious, but I thought "Hey, I don't want to back out of a legit deal, and I don't want negative feedback."

I resent the money since it wasn't transferred to the original account.

All of the sudden, this guy disappears. Up until this point, he had been very receptive and eager to answer emails.

2 weeks go by. I'm thinking of buying a plane ticket to New York and stomping his freaking *** into the dirt.

My bank calls me up and says this:
"Yes, Mr. Turner? The recipient's bank has called us to confirm that you really want to make this transaction. He is under investigation by the FBI for fraud!"

Holy cow! I almost sent his *** $1,450 for a guitar that I was never going to see.

If it smells like fish, make her wash it or send her packing!!!!

oh, I'm not doubting that its not legit ... just seems to get sold too often:

first deal was the C++ (13530)
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ330230210148QQcmdZViewItem

then came C+ (13397) first time
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-MK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ330234851331QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330234851331&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

then supposingly it did not sell and my friend paypal'd money (payment accepted) only to hear that he sold to somebody who picked it up for $ 2600.

and now it is up again, while buyers 1 and 2 seem to struggle to get their money back.

bigmouth said:
so, did you ever get permission to upload his experience ? sold twice so far, still up on ebay and counting and now listed through a different party in parallel ... :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-MK-II-C-100-watt-head_W0QQitemZ370056927660QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370056927660&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I did not hear back from him BUT I will let you know what he said! fast answer ...do NOT buy it he had no good thing to say.

edited (I had to dig through my inbox)..this might be an exact cut/paste...

I'm out the money with no amp. I also got a message from another eBayer saying he'd sold it locally too. If I'm lucky, I'll recover most of my money via Paypal refund but there are no guarantees. Do not risk doing business with this loser.

I contacted this guy about one of his C+ amps he had for sale on eBay
I got his email and home phone number but I bloody deleted them :(

His name is Spud or that's what he goes by.

-I asked him about the other head in the pic...

It was another C++ with an export transformer. I sold that one a lil' while ago. In all hoesty, I prefere the MK3's. The reasoning being, there not so compressed, but maintain there tone throughout the spectrum.

gts said:
Racerboy44 said:
According to the location he's placed in the ad, he lives about 30 mins drive from me.
****! I asked the seller about coming over to check it out before the auction ended he said "sure name the time and day".
but a good friend who lives near SF couldn't make it.
Next time you'll get the call Racerboy44

Anytime for a fellow Boogie man!!

yea, I'm retarded. I wish I'd searched on here first but...

I guess since I've been using ebay a lot lately I just got sloppy and didn't check his feedback (0) before bidding. This morning, after "winning", I sent him a msg requesting to talk to him via phone, more pics, serial number, etc... We'll see what happens. I have property out in the bay area so I might just make a road trip in an attempt to pay in cash and also check in on my property. If he's stubborn and doesn't make me a believer, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and get a negative mark on my ebay acct. ... maybe I can get it resolved via ebay and avoid that... :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220284749787

Here's what I know:

ORIGINAL seller was DRAGONLORD (who goes by SPUDWEE) he had for sale a C+ 13397 and a C++ 13530 (w/export tranny).

The C++ 13530 was sold to a guy out in the UK back in May 2008 - Sale was legit both left each other positive feedback thru eBay and both had fairly high eBay ratings (above 50+ with 90+%).

The C+ 13397 was sold to ME! Here's what happened, it was first sold to another guy and the deal went south, the seller did use a friends PayPal account to broker the deal which caused the buyer to get worried who then questioned the seller which resulted in a pissing match and the deal was refunded - amp relisted. I then bought the amp off DRAGONLORD thru eBay when the amp was re-listed. He again used a friends PayPal to broker the deal, he waited for me to send payment, then waited for PayPal to transfer the money to his bank account (which took a week or so) before he shipped the amp. A but of a delay but the amp arrived heavily wrapped in MINT condition and was BONE STOCK as listed - I still have gut shots as I sent them to Mike B for his opinion on whether it was a stock C+.

Anyhow, I went thru some tough times (lost my job!) and was forced to sell the C+ (13397), it's back in the U.S.

But that's the story - 100% as I know it.

KIFF - DO NOT send cash to this guy, the auction you bid on was cut and pasted from DRAGONLORDS (eBay seller) who sold this amp in May 2008. I have pics which he sent me personally of my amp (13397) and you can see the same background as in the picture of the auction you bid on. He also cut and pasted the same description word for word - I am 100% about this.

In case you guys haven't noticed this is about the third time that that picture AND description has been in an auction on eBay. I even emailed eBay's fraud to tell them at one point some scammer was selling the 13397 on eBay when in fact it was in my house!!!! eBay gave me some BS reply and refused to pull the auction....

I hope this info helps.

Feel free to as for any clarification if need be.

GOOD LUCK KIFF!

Latest posts

Back