Pop Punk with a Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

se3k4life101

Reaction score
I've got a Dual Rec and I'm currently playing in a pop punk band, stuff like All Time Low, New Found Glory, Taking Back Sunday, Amber Pacific, The Starting Line... etc... Anyway, all these bands use or have used a Dual Rectifier. But I'm having trouble getting an appropriate tone out of mine. Any suggestions? EQ and gain setting? Tubes or diodes? Bold or spongy? Channel 2 or 3?

Thanks.

I know Chad Gilbert uses a significant amount of gain.

When they played last week they were using stilettos with mids up highers than the highs and lows around 1 o clock.

Tom DeLonge did, too.

Alls I can say is turn it up loud and turn down the bass. Apart from that - Dual Rectos take a LOT of tweaking to get right. Took me a year (or so) to get mine dialed in. And I was already familiar with amps and tone.

Best of luck! You'll find the tone, man!

I did for quite a while... Gibson LP into a Tremoverb. I found the cab made the biggest difference. I ran it into one of those old metal grill 2x12s with the EVM speakers... it was glorious!

I used diodes and bold... keep the bass low, crank the mids up and keep the treble and presence up enough for a nice crunch.

Latest posts

Back