Please list pedals that DO NOT work well in the FX loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NR2112

Reaction score
In light of recent posts, and many in general, I propose we run a list of pedals that you have had negative results in the Mark V FX loop.

I know that some people may not have issues with these pedals, but there seems to be pretty concrete evidence (as far as I can tell) that there are common pedals that are not conducive with the loop.

Here are the pedals I have had bad luck with:

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR Analog Chorus
Line6 DL4

Im interested to hear what your opinions are on this as well!

Bad luck:
Boss DD3 (a shame, loved it with the Express before the Mk V)

Good luck:
MXR Carbon copy (mine works fine)
Voodoo Labs Tremelo

I didn'thave good results with the Vox Joe Satriani Time Machine.

Why have people had mixed results with the Carbon Copy?? Only for this reason have I not tried one.

Very strange that some will work and others will not. In Fact, last night, I borrowed my brothers Carbon Copy and it sounded OK in the loop. My older one does not...

Perhaps it is something with the 2 different versions of this pedal? I know they mention only a change to the modulation in version 2, but perhaps there was more tweaked than just that...

PS> I am having good luck with:

WET Reverb
CE-5 Chorus

I think he is looking for comments about pedals that DO NOT work well in the Mark V's effects loop.

I had the carbon copy in the effects loop for a while with no problems. Make sure the effects loop output knob is halfway or closer to 11:00
I ended up replacing the carbon copy with the line 6 m9 and haven't looked back (I can now set multiple delay times with one pedal). I no longer have 1/4 cables running from the board to the loop. instead everything is now midi controlled and short runs to the loop. A long cable run could cause some weird problems but that is a guess.

I tried running my Keeley mod Tube Screamer in the loop and got major feedback on channel 1 with the verb on. My conclusion was that the FX loop is post-reverb, not sure though.

I posted the question in a this thread.

audiomason said:
I tried running my Keeley mod Tube Screamer in the loop and got major feedback on channel 1 with the verb on. My conclusion was that the FX loop is post-reverb, not sure though.

I posted the question in a this thread.

Distortions and overdrives don't work well in loops, and they're not designed for that strong of an input signal.

Latest posts

Back