Ciao Mk2b…

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Less02

Reaction score
When I bought this Mk2b, my intention was to transform it into a Mk2c+. After having built the headshell and the cabs, it is time for the main operation….

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    200.2 KB
  • IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    306.7 KB
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    323.1 KB
Jay, without your efforts and dedication to your project, I would never have been able to convert this amp, which has been sold to me under a 2C. Your board is perfectly built, typos on the silkscreen is not a big deal, knowing all the details you had to deal with and the obstacles you managed to overcome!

Jay, without your efforts and dedication to your project, I would never have been able to convert this amp, which has been sold to me under a 2C. Your board is perfectly built, typos on the silkscreen is not a big deal, knowing all the details you had to deal with and the obstacles you managed to overcome!
Thank you for the kind words! Can't wait to hear how it comes out :)

Frustrating to hear about this misrepresentation, it seems dishonest people aren't uncommon in the used gear market. I hope the C+ circuit is as good of a fit for you as it is for me!

Shame some people do that. So dishonest.

Actually, the guy who sell it to me was convinced it was a C, because of its serial number. He was playing bass with it, exclusively on the clean channel into a GK cab. I should have noticed the missing pull pot on the bass knob… When I came home and opened up the chassis, I realized the board was a RP-9C…. I communicated with the seller and he agreed to refund 300$. Bottom line, I got this 2B for 800$CAD, which is quite cheap IMO. So the guy was honnest, we were just both ignorants by relying on the s/n. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back