Orange channel presence effects my red channels gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zolimer

Reaction score
I was just messing around with my 2 channel dual rectifier and i had just switched
From red to orange, while in orange i dimed my presence, when i switched back to red
I noticed that i had some brutal gainish tone going on!

Dont get me wrong here, this is the sound i have been looking for out of this amp!
Is this normal?

Here are my settings(the one that i think may matter)
Spongy
Vacuum rectifier
Red to vintage
Variable high gain for the orange channel gain

zolimer said:
I was just messing around with my 2 channel dual rectifier and i had just switched
From red to orange, while in orange i dimed my presence, when i switched back to red
I noticed that i had some brutal gainish tone going on!

Dont get me wrong here, this is the sound i have been looking for out of this amp!
Is this normal?

Here are my settings(the one that i think may matter)
Spongy
Vacuum rectifier
Red to vintage
Variable high gain for the orange channel gain
This is totally normal, and is mentioned on page 11 of the manual.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/2chRecto.pdf

HTH
Dom

Wow! I'm glad I read this, IMO the manual is kinda vague about this topic or maybe I'm not reading it right? I tried it though and it definitely seems to have more balls! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow @ practice!

Mine does this when playing Red Modern, both presence knob is working but the orange channel presence work backwards. It's kind of acting like a gate. I'm not sure if that's normal. Orange presence knob goes back to normal when playing in Orange channel but it needs to be around 3 o clock to sound good. My amp is kind of weird.

Back