OFFICIAL MARK V TONE SETTINGS THREAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok finally got some decent pics...

Nice Blues tones, and crunchy rhythm.
Messarig01.jpg

Screaming lead
Messarig02.jpg

I rolled the bass off a little from what I was using, It was kind of compressed or some may describe it as having a blanket over it. I just call it muffled, now its bright and tight.

I have had several C+ amps, and since getting my Mark V, I have been looking for a similar tone. Scooped out, I know some people hate it, but I DIG it!!! All guitars I had when I had the C+'s were EMG equipped.

I spent the afternoon tweaking away, and this got me extremely close. With these settings, I can switch between the C+, and Mark IV modes, and get the best of both worlds.

The guitar I used is loaded w/ Seymour Duncan '59/JB pickups. I will get my EMG loaded guitar next week, and can try these settings on the amp next week. If anyone wants to try these settings out, let me know what you think.

C+ or Mark IV Mode
Triode
Effects loop active

DSC06959.jpg

DSC06960.jpg

I'm trying to wrap my head around some of these presets..but I don't think they'll translate well unless were talking the same guitars and pickups. Not sure about you fella's but guitars and pickups are so wildly different.

Thanks to the guys that describe their actual guitar used for the preset.

222867680_photobucket_38938_.jpg

Been using these settings for months now. Think I'm pretty much done dialing in. The only thing different is I sometimes creep the bass on Mark I mode up to about 10:00. Not shown: Preset EQ for both Ch 2 & 3 set at about noon.

Pop-rock and hard rock, Les Paul with WCR Godwood pickups (low-to-mid output PAF style) or a Fender 52 HR Tele with the tone rolled off a bit.

Ch1 Tweed 90 watts
Ch2 Mark I 45 watts (Push with an 808 for heavier rhythm or leads)
Ch3 Mark IV 45 watts, pentode
Full Power

SOUND CLIPS!!! <-- click here--I'm panned left.

Nice catch, Marcelo. I found that the channel masters have a noticeable impact on the fullness of the channels to my ears.

I'm using MkIIC+ mode in CH3.

file.jpg

These are what I've been using for the last little bit. More geared towards thick rock tones than saturated metal. SG or Les Paul w/ PAF type humbuckers.

Channel 3 is the only one that's using the graphic EQ and it's not as scooped sounding as the picture would make you think. I was initially hesitant to turn the mids knob down that low (it's all the way off), but it changes the feel of the amp more than it reduces the actual midrange.

CH1 - Fat, EQ off, 45w, bold off, tube rectifier.
Ch2 - Crunch, EQ off, 45w, tube rectifier.
Ch3 - Mark IV, EQ on, 45w, bright off, pentode.

one of the best vids on YT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YANbeMsrI for settings pls look just below the vid.. I like what he did there :)

281330_10150271472117460_506137459_7512218_5189120_n.jpg

I bypass the loop entirely and only use CH3 MKIV setting.

Follow the tone settings and turn the knob to 10 o'clock and boosh...you'll have my amp settings.

I rule.

FACTORS:
Pickups: EMG 81 (B) & EMG 60 (N)
Bridge: Floyd Rose
Guitar: Mahogany with a Maple Cap, Mahogany Neck, and Ebony Fretboard
Effects: Chorus always on (front not loop)
Cabinet: 4x12 Rectifier Standard Straight With Stock Vintage 30's

SETTINGS: O'CLOCK

Output: 10:30
Reverb: Optional

CH.1 (Set for a warm, yet nicely balanced go-to clean channel):
Mode: Fat
Voicing: Bold
Watts: 90
EQ: Footswitchable With Preset to 3
Treble: 11
Mid: 10:30
Bass: 11
Gain: 10
Master: 1
Presence: 12:30

CH.2 (Set for a balance between fat/punchy and tight/agressive):
Mode: Crunch
Voicing: N/A
EQ Footswitchable with Sliders Set: 80hz-Middle of Top Line, 240hz-Just under half way to the Top Line (between the Middle Line and Top Line), 750hz-Just above the Bottom Line, 2200hz-Just above Middle Line, and 6600 Just under Top Line.
Treble: 3:30
Mid: 11
Bass: 11
Gain: 5
Master: 11:30
Presence: 1

CH.3 (Set for a nice punchy, and liquidy lead):
Mode: Extreme-Pentode
Voicing: Bright
EQ: Footswitchable with Sliders Set: 80hz-Middle of Top Line, 240hz-Just under half way to the Top Line (between the Middle Line and Top Line), 750hz-Just above the Bottom Line, 2200hz-Just above Middle Line, and 6600 Just under Top Line.
Treble: 3
Mid: 10
Bass 8:30
Gain: 3
Master: 9
Presence: 2

Well, i've only been a mark V owner for about 3 weeks, but I think this is about my favourite sound ever

MightyMarkV043-1.jpg

I'm using a white falcon and no EQ on this channel. Tube rectifier selected.

jmontgomery said:
Where would one find that .psd file?

Couldn't find the original topic/post but I uploaded it here:

http://speedy.sh/5GkaF/Mark-V-Editable-Settings.psd

There you go :)

Stage volume settings?

Endless hours squinting at master volume and channel master setting have given me a headache! I see lots of setting with scooped midrange and while I enjoy that tone when playing alone, I need some suggestion for a thicker, more cutting tone for live lead and rhythm work. I'm finding lots of great bedroom tones here, but nothing that's really going to be impactful within the overall band mix.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Best,

I followed JoeyB's posts as a starting point, but found the high channel settings on clean gave me too much breakup. I also tweaked channel 2 and LOVE the Edge setting so much. On 45W tube recto, it's so rich and crunchy. It has a very chewy, woody, organic feel with great sparkle. Very British! This is what I wanted the RA I returned to sound like. Channel 3 is a liquid/midrangey/searing lead tone that works well with my rig at stage volume.

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I can't talk highly enough about this amp. Where my MKIV let me down and compromised, this one shines without giving an inch between settings. I am shocked by how great the crunch channel sounds. I never thought I would use this channel as anything other than a passable fix for a medium gain tone. It is so much more amazing than I thought at at bedroom volume. Edge is by far my favorite, but I find myself wanting to morph channel 3 into MKI mode haha. It's so round and smooth by contrast. But, I do love channel 3 as it stands. Boogie got this one right.

Latest posts

Back