no sound/very little sound from my amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
ok last night my amp worked great (2x12 roadster) and today I fire it up and let it warm up longer that I usually do, about 10 mins or so. I switch from standby and it's normal for a split second and then nothing. I can get a low room playing volume if I max everything out. I swapped all of the JJ's I put in back to the stock tubes and no change. What the hell is going on? anybody?

on a side note when the tech did the required recall mod he stripped one of the screw/bolts that hold the chassis in the cabinet, anyone know where I can get another one? Home Depot maybe?

any suggestions would be great. I'll be calling the shop where I bought it tomorrow.

haha

yes

tried 2 different guitars when this problem started and about 10 cables
oh man I don't know what to do

how's Mesa's warranty? anybody deal with it?
I bought it new about 5 months ago

Take it back to the shop where you purchased it, (with no mention of the tube swap, why would you swap tubes so soon?), explain/show to them what it's doing, and ask for either a permanant replacement at that time, or a loaner of equal value! I also would'nt accept a stripped chassis/cabinet! Your not going to Home Depot, they are! If neither is granted, demand your $$$$ back, make a complaint to Mesa, and take your business elsewhere!

ummm ok so here's another problem
I was fidling with tubes and preamp tubes thinking maybe I don't have them seated correctly or something. fire it up and as soon as I switch out of standby I hear a faint pop, and there's a little smoke from the output side. Still powers up so I'm pretty sure its not a fuse. Output Transformer maybe? I'll be taking back to where I bought it and let them work it out.

Latest posts

Back