New(used) DC-3 but has issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45auto

Reaction score
Hi, new to the board, looks great. Just unboxed DC-3 & got the tubes put back in. Sounds great except, think the 240 eq band is inoperative, maybe inductor? More concerning is with one channel set to clean and other distorted, there seems to be "bleed over" distortion into the clean channel? Thought at first speaker might be damaged but when I reduce distortion on distorted channel it goes away on the clean channel. Does that make sense? Anyone seen anything like that? Thanks

Attachments

• 59DF1748-041D-4E32-B266-BAB45ABD4BCF.jpeg
    59DF1748-041D-4E32-B266-BAB45ABD4BCF.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 5
The plot thickens. Only occurs when footswitch is used to change channels. When footswitch is unplugged does not occur.

I would try to clean the jack (on the amp) for the footswitch and possibly try a different switch. Can you change channels from the amp without any issues?

Hey! Yeah, manual channel change works fine. Something else I learned is Boogie amps have some different footswitches! I borrowed the one from my old triple rectifier thinking of it like an old Fender footswitch haha. Seems there's a particular switch that works with the dc-3. But not only that but maybe a different switch for early (a) vs newer (b) versions. Got one on the way, hopefully solves the bleed over issue. Thanks for the comments

Back