New to the forum and need help..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollowSoul

Reaction score
Just dropped a wad of cash for a triple rectifier and have a few Q's
first off, i'm running the boss GT8 effects processor using the 4CM (4 cable method) i was lead to believe that in doing this the GT8's preamp would be bypassed alltogether allowing me to utilize the mesa's power...
unfortunately....no
second..is an idea i have, since there are 3 channels on the recto, is there a way i could just utilize the GT8 on channel 1 and leave 2 and 3 under recto control?

Welcome to the board!

Ok first off I have zero experience with the GT8 but...
The Recto preamp is a lot more versital than many people think. You can achieve some killer tones once you learn how to dial-in the amp. Try the GT8 in the fx loop, bypassing any modelling/cab sim and just use it for the effects (delays and reverbs best in loop). If you use a lot of pitch-shifting or modulation FX you might like it better in front rather than the loop. Just my .02

If your Triple is like my '00 Dual, then you should be able to select individual channels for which to utilize your effects!

From what I understand about the 4 cable method is that you will need to turn off (bypass) the preamp stuff on the GT8. Most all the programs use the preamp and/or distortion and you will need to NOT use them on the GT8 when running the 4CM. Although, one place you might want to use some is for adding a boost before hitting the preamp of the amp (like using a tubescreamer)

And since you can use the FX CHAIN (pg 20 of GT8 manual) to put all the effects, preamps, and loops in a different order, make sure you put the loop near the beginning (if not right after the vol pedal)

Sorry if I'm repeating what you already know but here is a sample signal path.

Guitar into GT8
Inside the GT8 you can arrange your chain like this - VOL/pre amp/distortion/LOOP/....
Since it hits the loop it will use the loop send to go into the input on the amp. This will allow you to use the preamp on the amp early on in the signal chain.
Use the loop out on the amp to go into the loop return on the GT8 so you can then use the effects on the GT8. Make sure all the effects you want to use are after the loop in your FX CHAIN.
Finally, use the out on the GT8 to go into the loop return on your amp to use the power section of the amp.

I have tried it with my Road King and have gotten moderate success. The harderst part for me was getting a good even level.

Thanx all :D
The fx chain on the GT8 is something i need to master. what i do know right off the bat is that i dont want (2) preamps running at the same time.
I tried to hook up the GT8 the way that the boogie manual said (processor input to send-processor output to return) and that ended up sounding like pounded dog shiat.
My ultimate goal is to just have the GT8 through channel 1 so that i could leave 2 and 3 alone to toggle with the footswitch
P.S. WTF is the FX switch on the footswitch for :?: so far i have yet to figure out it's purpose other that lighting a cheezy red light.

I use a GT-8 with my Rectoverb (2 channel, using the 4CM). This may be basic, but I use it to turn on/off the LOOP (i.e. the mesa preamp), and then turn off/on the GT-8 preamp at the same time (so both aren't on at the same time).

I will switch from one channel to the other, but can't control that from the GT-8 (don't have a 1/4" out for the footswitch in the rectoverb), so sometimes it looks like I'm tap dancing, but it works ;)

SneakyPete said:
I use a GT-8 with my Rectoverb (2 channel, using the 4CM). This may be basic, but I use it to turn on/off the LOOP (i.e. the mesa preamp), and then turn off/on the GT-8 preamp at the same time (so both aren't on at the same time).

I will switch from one channel to the other, but can't control that from the GT-8 (don't have a 1/4" out for the footswitch in the rectoverb), so sometimes it looks like I'm tap dancing, but it works ;)

I have my CTL switch set up to toggle manual mode on and off, i suppose i could set the sub exp pedal to toggle the loop.
I would just have to increase the toe down pressure in the settings so that i dont accidentaly switch during gigs.

and about the footswitch that came with the dayum thing????? what is the FX for??? any one know??

Back