Need help w/ sing rect into Marshall thru Web Mass 100(NOOB)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewiv

Reaction score
Hi.I have a single rectifier into a 1960a Marshall cab.I just purchased a 100 watt Weber Mass 100.I currently have the 16 ohm Marshall plugged into the 4 Ohm slot in the rectoverb.Do I set the attenuator to 4
Ohm also.I am new to this even though I have been playing for a few years.Please help out a NOOB.Thanks in advance.Parker

Newer Marshall cab with the stereo inputs? If so, set the switch on the cab to 4 Ohm, Mass at 4, and use the 4 Ohm tap on the amp. Or use 16/16/16...either way for best results and to avoid damage, set all your impedances to match.

Thanks for the help.It is an early to mid 80s cab and I do not see an impedence control switch.Is there an impedence control switch on older models?Thank you again

If the cab has only a singe jack it's 16 ohms (assuming stock speakers and wiring). If there are 2 jacks, they should be 4-ohm mono and 16-ohm mono, and will switch to 8-ohm stereo.

Early-mid 80's should be JCM 800 series and would have the single jack.

Latest posts

Back