My Mark IV is 220v, my UK power supply is 230-240v...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
What do I do about that? Apparently my Mark IV that is on it's way has the EU 220v transformer, but the UK and Italian (where I got it from) power supply both run apparently on 230v (with the UK having 240v peaks)

See: http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

What do I do about that? I wouldn't be so worried, but I heard about a guy who bought an amp from Thomann in Germany, plugged it in here, and blew it up within seconds of owning it. I think they sent him a US version though...

EU is only 230.

It used to be 220 - 240, depending on what country you were in.

But all export Mark IV's are wired for 240, so you won't blow it because they are largely overrated with those huge trannies.

Yeah, it should be gine.

When my former Mk 4 was in for service at Van Weelden he said those trannies were large enough to handle 240 V or even more.

So I read that the transformers have all of the wires you need but this one is probably wired for 220v. I keep reading how it won't hurt it if I plug it in, but I don't wanna damage it :shock:

So they are capable of taking the power, but the voltage is set on the production line, with it wired for the market it's going to.

Man, what a pain in the arse. It will still be ok to plug it in?

AART said:
EU is only 230.

But all export Mark IV's are wired for 240, so you won't blow it because they are largely overrated with those huge trannies.

Is that true? That they're wired for 240?

Random Hero said:
AART said:
EU is only 230.

Is that true? That they're wired for 240?

Yes. Definitely.

I owned two of these and both said on a little sticker on the left at the back: 'wired for 240 volts".

Buy where did you buy them? In The Netherlands? Seems like your voltage is 230v, but what do you get from the wall?

Some Italian guy just told me they usually get 220v in Italy. Would Mesa know this though? Surely if the European standard is 230v, they'd just wire it to that, or as you say, the maximum - 240v? :?

they can take 240.

The net in holland was 220.

just like engalnd its going up to 230.

In 2010 or so all the EU country's should be at 230.

So there's no problem with a Mark IV if you live in the EU, it should work fine.
Just like my shaving machine that i use when I'm in England for holidays.

A US 110V version wont work here, but the exports are allways 240. If not I would be really surprised.

And if you really wanna know if there are other export versions than the 240, mail mesa!

A 240 Mark IV will handle everything below that(if too low, it just won't work).
And bove 240 V would be a burnout at the electricity company and will probably won't happen.

AART said:
they can take 240.

The net in holland was 220.

just like engalnd its going up to 230.

In 2010 or so all the EU country's should be at 230.

So there's no problem with a Mark IV if you live in the EU, it should work fine.
Just like my shaving machine that i use when I'm in England for holidays.

A US 110V version wont work here, but the exports are allways 240. If not I would be really surprised.

And if you really wanna know if there are other export versions than the 240, mail mesa!

A 240 Mark IV will handle everything below that(if too low, it just won't work).
And bove 240 V would be a burnout at the electricity company and will probably won't happen.

This is all very reassuring, but if it says "Wired for 220v", 10v either way is fine;. But if the Brit power should peak to 240, that could be catostrophic.

Yeah, but the amps are wired for 240.

BTW: most amps say: wired for xxx.

But they have large trannies thaat can have peaks without instantly being fried.

I owned a marshall and a peavey, both for 220, and both survived and have smaller trannies than mesa's...

It shouldn't be a problem, really.

Your friend probably a wrong or bad amp.

Good stuff. I think I saw a schematic today where you could see that inside the tranny there were taps for 210, 220, 230 and 240. Are they all connected or something?

I think i'm gonna take your word and plug it in AART...

Aww man...

Read the blue box...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Jul03/articles/mainsproblems.asp?print=yes&session=28bb964efb807d5024dc6e51b657edfb

It gets even more confusing, haha.

Hmm, I think you should e-mail or call mesa(mike B?) about it.

They will explain it to you.

My mk 4 is 240 V and should work properly in the uk.

I've tried to e-mail Mesa before so I think i'll need to phone them. This is proving to be more trouble than it's probably gonna be worth :evil: :evil: :evil:

AART said:
It gets even more confusing, haha.

Hmm, I think you should e-mail or call mesa(mike B?) about it.

They will explain it to you.

My mk 4 is 240 V and should work properly in the uk.

This is what I mean. Yours says Wired for 240v and i'm sure it would happily take whatever the UK threw out. This one apparently says Wired for 220v, which is what's been worrying me.

Can't really help you with your question, but I just checked my 2006 Mark 4, EU model, and it's wired for 230v.

Back