My Mark IV arrived this morning!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
So, it arrived this morning, and after all my worries on the transformer, it appears it's wired to 230V afterall.

This thing is a beast. I'm pretty sure this is a keeper, infact I know it is. I don't really know what else to say about it. R2 kinda blows, but oh well. The cleans and Lead channels are so so awesome. Smooth singing leads, it's got it all.

I also dialled in Lamb of God's settings this morning ;)

Here's some pics, i'm off to restring my EBMM and play it some more!

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

Welcome to the Mark IV owners group.... :wink:

Nice rig. I wondered what a Mark IV would look like on a Recto cab. I can just assume that my short chassis will look like a little punk sitting on top of my Traditional cab that is coming. Actually it will look ok because it will be sitting on top of a 2 ch. Dual Rec too. King of the hill...

Now if I could only find an old Mark series 2x12 vertical cab locally. They seemed to have kind of dried up.

I would say that it is because it isn't a separate channel and you have to share eq with R1 thus making it only seen as so-so. If R2 had enough of a different sound like R1 and LD I don't think there would be anybody complaining.

Decent rock tone can be found in R2. I have been using my LD channel as more of an R3 type rhythm channel though for more extreme metal riffage though.

I can get some pretty heavy metal tones out of my R2 channel.
I simply refuse to use the lead channel for metal riffing, it sounds way too good for leads.

Congrats on the new amp!

I think the Mark IV is the next logical step for me and then I will be seriously A/B'ing it with my TA and soon to arrive 2:90. I absolutely love the IIC+ channel on the TA that it might make it worth keeping just for that channel alone.

Anyway, the amp looks good. Hope you enjoy it!

Greg

Sweet man! Are those your Lamb of God settings in the pictures? Seems like it lol Gain 8.5 Treb 8 and Drive 8.5. How is the G Major thing with the Boogie do you find it essential to have it with the Mark IV?

fpoon said:
Sweet man! Are those your Lamb of God settings in the pictures? Seems like it lol Gain 8.5 Treb 8 and Drive 8.5. How is the G Major thing with the Boogie do you find it essential to have it with the Mark IV?

I think they are actually lol. I'd changed the 5-band but not the normal EQ when I took the pics.

mxr2000 said:
I don't get it why is that everybody says the R2 channel blows?

personally i think it's because of the music they play. it won't be something it's not... to me its a killer dirty boosted clean good for playing tight rhythm parts when a pure clean is a little too thin.

Latest posts

Back