Mark IV problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgx612a

Reaction score
I have a mid 90's Mark IV rev B that I've had since around 2014, I had it serviced by Mesa in dec 2021, but I have a problem with channel 1. The problem is I get very little break-up out of the channel. I literally gotta push it with EMG's and bring the master up to at least 4 to get any kinda drive out of it, or use a tube screamer. Thing is, this is how I've always remembered the amp working, the clean channel is just clean with lots of headroom. I've changed out the pre-amp tubes with little results but am curious as to which one I should specifically look at to get more distortion out of channel 1? Maybe with a higher gain 12ax7?? Or do you think there is something else going on here? Everything else on the amp works as it should, R2 sounds good, the lead channel sounds great. Kinda confused about my amp, cause I heard you can get some fenderish kinda breakup tones with channel 1 with the gain up high, but I'm just getting a small bit of breakup. I'm using guitars with humbuckers too, no single coils.

Hi,

could you get a solution for your probmem yet? I have the same problem. On this video Leon plays an amazing sound on channel 1 and I can`t get it at all... :-(

Latest posts

Back