my G-Major died??? Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I dont use it very often but the other day I decide to pull it out and "mess" with it some more. I turned it on and only a few of the lights come on, none of the preset numbers show up??? It doesnt work. Any thoughts? It's kinda B.S. because I have only messed with it a handful of times.

Funny my G-Force just died, the gain has dropped way down and the input signal distorts very easily...extremely annoying but it will need to go back for repair, nothing else for it.

I'm In australia but if you wanted to sell it how much would you want for it?? in $US I need some spare parts the rotators are very touchy. Only if you're interested ofcorse as a last resort.. :)

I have one that has the left knob not working to change fx parameters,( also both inner knobs are missing) anyone wanna sell me one of their broken ones, maybe I can get one good one out of the 2. anyone able to get a US service center to actually talk to a human ( not a recording and wait 30 minutes) to see about how to go about getting one repaired and how much it would cost before sending it in and first?

Thanks
Jeff

BTW what is the correct way to get one sent off for repair, are there more than one US service center??

Had some problems a while back with my G-Major freezing up and did get to talk to a human @ TC. He told me that they didn't want to skimp on tone quality so the units were built overseas somewhere - Korea maybe??and the workmanship/quality of materials left something to be desired. Essentially "hey that's why they're so cheap relative to a G-Force". He told me that I could send it to them and they'd fix it for an $80 bench charge. He said I'd pretty much have a new unit in my old housing. I give him credit for being honest about it. I had read the same thing online somwhere before I ever bought the unit and didn't really believe it until it happened to me. There was some information on the TC boards suggesting a fix for my problem - tried it and haven't had an issue yet but it was an intermittent issue so I'm not convinced it's resolved. I carry a back up fx unit now.

Finnster said:
I dont use it very often but the other day I decide to pull it out and "mess" with it some more. I turned it on and only a few of the lights come on, none of the preset numbers show up??? It doesnt work. Any thoughts? It's kinda B.S. because I have only messed with it a handful of times.

I was going to post something about the same kind of problem... but hey... if you leave it on for an hour or so... if your problem is like mine... all of a sudden it WILL clear up, go to your last used Preset, and function fine.

But when you turn it on, the display is messed up with random light segments illuminated, and no buttons work.

It seemed like an internal battery died... but after opening it up last night, turns out there is no battery in there! So perhaps it's a capacitor that has lost the ability to store a charge, but why it eventually "warms up" and starts working again is beyond my particular electrical knowledge.

So leave it on for an hour or so... I bet it starts to work.

Scott

i had the same problem, + +. i talked to a tech that used to work for tc. and he said alot of the times if you open the unit up, pull out the two processor chips and put them back in it fixes the problem for a while, its not just where its built, the chips are kinda crap and unreliable. i just sold mine, cant rely on the g-majors, if you google about this subject, it's an all too common problem. just got a gsp 1101 and Lexicon MPX-G2 to replace it.

Latest posts

Back