mk V manual-C+ content!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
av8or3 said:
JohnDNJ said:
Local music store...you dont even wanna know...

Put it this way, if you saw what this guy gets in from a few local collectors your jaw will drop.

How about the number 2 Marshall head ever built for instance. ;)

That's good company to be in! But I think the 2c+ can hold it's own when it's time to get down :twisted:

Just making the point that there are ALOT of ultra-serious collector pieces around here...The guy just sold
Jimmy Page's Custom Orange Matamp from like 1971 for 30k on ebay..Yeah that's 30,000 dollars...
He has a Bruno there now for like 4k, one of the very first Fuchs modded Marshall heads for 5k etc etc.

The 2c+ is nothing for him. ;)

gts said:
JohnDNJ said:
Financially speaking yes but, tonally and those C+ playing dynamics.... priceless ;-)

Don't get me wrong. I'll take that c+ over any of that other **** sound wise. :)

JohnDNJ said:
gts said:
JohnDNJ said:
Financially speaking yes but, tonally and those C+ playing dynamics.... priceless ;-)

Don't get me wrong. I'll take that c+ over any of that other sh!t sound wise. :)

Yep, the C+ treble hook has all three prongs sunk deep into you. GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION!!!!!!!, before someone else does.
:lol:

I brought my original Mark I, my C+ non-eq simulclass, and my Mark V head to a gig last weekend. The mark V just could not compete with the others. I tried them all through the same cab loaded with 2 EVM-12Ls. The cleans on the Mark I are far superior to the cleans on the Mark V, and the lead channel on my C+ is a LOT nicer than the C+ lead channel on the Mark V. The C+ is much more articulate. The other settings on the Mark V third channel are totally worthless. I'd much rather boost the lead channel on my C+ a tad.

So, I just sold my Mark V. Luckily, I only lost about $100 on the sale because there still is a huge demand for what I feel is a very mediocre amp.

sfarnell said:
I brought my original Mark I, my C+ non-eq simulclass, and my Mark V head to a gig last weekend. The mark V just could not compete with the others. I tried them all through the same cab loaded with 2 EVM-12Ls. The cleans on the Mark I are far superior to the cleans on the Mark V, and the lead channel on my C+ is a LOT nicer than the C+ lead channel on the Mark V. The C+ is much more articulate. The other settings on the Mark V third channel are totally worthless. I'd much rather boost the lead channel on my C+ a tad.

So, I just sold my Mark V. Luckily, I only lost about $100 on the sale because there still is a huge demand for what I feel is a very mediocre amp.

Wow!
Quite a statement. I love my MKIIB, as I'm sure I will my C+ on its return from the magic fingers of Mike
Bendinelli.
I A/B'd the two amps extensively this past weekend and while the C+ had a really cool focused lead voice
the MKII kicked it's butt on bottom end. It made me really appreciate the IIB. Monday I packed up the C+
and sent it off to MB @ Mesa so he could perform the cap job and look it over for any additional repairs he felt necessary. The IIb got the cap job and the FX Loop Mod in April. Whe I told Mike that the IIB kicked the C+ 's *** he told me that "That's likely to change".Can't wait to get it back.
While I am sorry that the MKV is failing to meet expectations, I'm very glad to have the two Boogie's that I do.
There's a new one in my local store that one of the salespeople demo'ed this weekend, he wasn't impressed. Was very surprised to hear that as well.I mean, the dude sells these things!
Maybe in time people will unlock the secret to the amp and it will begin to take hold. Only time will tell
Jim

sfarnell said:

I feel the same as you. It sucks because i wanted it to be so much better than it is. They can claim whatever they want in the manual, but the older amps smoke the V. I broke even when i sold my V.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/MkV_100303.pdf Pages 15,16

At least the "snob" reference is gone. It's got to be hard to attempt an amp design to please everyone. I am the proud owner of an Electra Dyne head. It will go places that the C+ will never be able to touch (of course the opposite is true), and I accept it for what it is. 8)

Peace out!

I don't have a IIC+ yet but I do have one observation on this snobbery.

I have not noticed any IIC+ people 'selling out' and buying an Axe Fx....

JOEY B. said:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/MkV_100303.pdf Pages 15,16

At least the "snob" reference is gone. It's got to be hard to attempt an amp design to please everyone. I am the proud owner of an Electra Dyne head. It will go places that the C+ will never be able to touch (of course the opposite is true), and I accept it for what it is. 8)

Peace out!
No they didn't, see page 24

{This is a recreation of the much sought after sound of these two channel MARK series amps produced in the mid eighties that became the voice of choice for so many recording artists of the day. Today there is a hard-core cult following for these vintage II-C+’s and - when they can be found - they bring 3 - 4 times their original price. Many artists even now have standing orders with their techs to buy these amps wherever they are found, regardless of price. There will probably be those who tout the tone and authenticity of their prized vintage gems (yes, we are pleased and flattered) – and just like vintage guitars this will probably always be the case. However, rest assured…you now own a MARK II-C+ down to the last circuit detail and the tone is identical except for the Sylvania 415 power tubes, which are no longer available. During the R&D process we even found ways to mimic the important mid-punch character inherent in those tubes. And far better… you don’t have to compromise your clean or lead sound because they share controls as they do in the original layout! You also get another sound to switch to that also has no shared controls or compromise! So, if you run into II-C+ snobs who brag about their amps or doubt the authenticity of your rendering, smile and feel a pang of pity for the price they probably paid and let them have their glory. After all, they need their pride because they don’t have the other 8 amplifiers you have on board to express themselves with.}

I thought for a moment that my e-mails made a difference, I guess I'm still a snob because they say so......
Oh Well,
Jim

Back