mk V manual-C+ content!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36010
...t2mike2 posted the V manual over on Mk V forum-check out pg 14, I believe, for a personal note from Doug West reagarding the C+ mode/MK IV mode and how they went about creating the channel 3 for MK V-interesting info on his opinion of non geq simul C+ vs geq-...anybody want to sell me a non geq version??...this will be interesting,indeed :wink:

that was quick!!after reading doug's article,I certainly am interested in playing one..I have 6 C+ amps at my disposal, but all are geq!!El, if I wasn't funding a Mk V.......I have an idea if you really want to move it, it will be "easier" after people digest the highness c-ness !

that was quick!!after reading doug's article,I certainly am interested in playing one..I have 6 C+ amps at my disposal, but all are geq!!El, if I wasn't funding a Mk V.......I have an idea if you really want to move it, it will be "easier" after people digest the highness c-ness !...(and I think he called us C+ snobs...!!)

Doug's side note in this manual is some of the best info that has been added to the body of knowledge surrounding the C+ mystique since the C+ for dummies guide. He has me curious as heck now to play a Mark5 and do the comparisons with the settings he suggests, as well as go and beg him to let me play his "highness," or better yet let Mike B mod my C+ after it.

gts said:
Regardless, His Highness was my golden reference for MARK II C+ Tone and our R&D reference amp for many MARK Series amps to follow, including the MARK IV.
I guess the reference didn't do him or them much good considering how DIFFERENT all the MkIII's and MKIV's turned out compared to any and all C+'s.
Especially how they behave in particular the dynamics of a C+ vs the III's and IV's.

And claiming the V to be exact copy. ??
However, rest assured…you now own a MARK II-C+ down to the last circuit detail
Down to the last circuit detail? Really? How is this possible when many of the components used in a C+ are no longer made or available. Ok the detail may be the same but the parts used are different.

Lastly using marketing hype to slam the C+ and all who own one in favor of the Mark V.
So, if you run into II-C+ snobs who brag about their amps or doubt the authenticity of your rendering, smile and feel a pang of pity for the price they probably paid and let them have their glory. After all, they need their pride.....
Hey way to go Mesa. Nothing like beating up on people who own and prize their C+'s in order to sell the Mark V. :roll: WTF!
Sounds like sour grapes to me...... or them trying to placate those have sour grapes (for whatever reason) about the C+.
..now we are talkin'!!!you snob!!! :wink: ..I kind of like the snob status,but what about "after all, they need their pride..."...?like I said, interesting......

This post is not directed at anyone.... it is just a general comment.

I have seen people that confuse personal items for some kind of ego displacement. I have always though this is strange behavior.
I did not see where Doug West said he sold all of his Mark II amps. So I think he still has a place for them.

I do not think "Mesa Boogie" is a persons name.
A post some place above all most sounds like this ?

I like all the Mark amps I have tried for what they are. Each has things I like and dislike about them. I see them as equal but different.

I do agree the whole thing about the EQ is very interesting.

Personally, i like the "low and slow" aspect of my IIC+ EQ, Thankyouverymuch, although I wouldn't really call a IIC+ all that "slow".

I'll have a Mark V someday. Until then I am happy with what I have.

I'm in an area that people don't know what a C+ is or a Mesa Boogie for that matter. Everyone has Peavey's product.

this:...."So, if you run into II-C+ snobs who brag about their amps or doubt the authenticity of your rendering, smile and feel a pang of pity for the price they probably paid and let them have their glory. After all, they need their pride....."

in my view is a big surprise to read. I am unsettled by their thinking. To include this, in print to stand forever, is something I am surprised to hear from them. I had hoped they thought better of "us". I'm still wondering how dumb I must be to them?

Really, I thought, just perhaps... maybe Mesa needed their pride too. Geeeez :twisted:

I have to admit I'm a little taken back by the comments made towards their own customers who own the IIC+. I just don't know exactly what they are trying to accomplish by putting this one guys opinion right in the Mark V manual. I know the way he's talking it could be taken different ways by the reader but this doesn't sound like something the people of Mesa would say. They are some of the best, most down to earth people I've ever dealt with regarding amps and to sort of slam C+ owners in the attempt to get new buyers for the Mark V just seems strange or out of character. I wouldn't be surprised if that section of the manual is deleted before they are sent out to the masses.

Methinks a lot of IIC+ owners have very thin skin.
By the way, if I buy a 30 year-old Corvette, does that make me a Chevrolet "customer"?

MrMarkIII said:
Methinks a lot of IIC+ owners have very thin skin.
By the way, if I buy a 30 year-old Corvette, does that make me a Chevrolet "customer"?

Good point !

If I go out and buy a 1969 L88 Corvette, I would be a Chevrolet "owner". I would also NOT need any "pity" from the owner of a 2009 Z06 Corvette, or anyone else for that matter. :lol:

Back