Metallica's Death Magnetic Leaked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture with "lyrics" is the funniest thing I have ever seen.
I remember when Metallica started "really" making some scratch, they began to dress very nice....apparently they still do.....

Laskyman

i dont know. its okay but i really miss that thrashy speed and intensity they used to have. i guess they are old guys now so its understandable, kinda like growing up musically or somethin

fatoni said:
i dont know. its okay but i really miss that thrashy speed and intensity they used to have. i guess they are old guys now so its understandable, kinda like growing up musically or somethin

did you actually listen to the album? there is thrash all over the album. If anything this one has more intensity than Ride, AJFA, and Kill Em All. Actually i think there are a lot of riffs on this record that put some of their older songs to shame.

But as far as the being old part.... i dont know how thats relavent. This album has as much if not more energy than their first 4.

just got the album this morning at Best Buy for $10. It's AMAZING!!! I've been waiting on some new stuff ever since St. Anger, and this is def. old-school style 'tallica at their best.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
just got the album this morning at Best Buy for $10. It's AMAZING!!! I've been waiting on some new stuff ever since St. Anger, and this is def. old-school style 'tallica at their best.

-AJH

i'm getting mine at lunch.... i really hope they release the 2 extra songs they have as bsides somewhere

the first and last songs are pretty good for post AJFA tallica. can`t say i`m dissapointed, as i didn`t expect very much.
more energy? don`t think so bud, go back and listen to Dyer`s Eve

rabies said:
just checked out the entire The Day that never comes video on youtube.

not impressed at all. boring video as well.

arrangement was too long, too complicated. but not in a good cohesive, destructive manner like AFJA.

reminded me of trivium (that stupid victory hamonized motif!?)

what amps did they record with? those aren't mesas as far as I can tell...

sounds more marshallish or SSish.

there is definitely a Diezel and Recto in there for James. I heard Kirk went between a few Marshalls, his new Randall and his 6l6 modded stiletto

lailer75 said:
the first and last songs are pretty good for post AJFA tallica. can`t say i`m dissapointed, as i didn`t expect very much.
more energy? don`t think so bud, go back and listen to Dyer`s Eve

Dyer's is one of my favorites out of their catalog but i still feel like there's as much energy in this album. I know AJFA gets everyone's dick hard but to me aside from a few songs (Dyer's, TLITD and One) that album is just good and actually lacks intensity because they went super complex for the sake of being super complex. I dont know... i guess you dig it or you dont. Thankfully i'm really stoked over this album... top to bottom great songs.

jdurso said:
fatoni said:

did you actually listen to the album? there is thrash all over the album. If anything this one has more intensity than Ride, AJFA, and Kill Em All. Actually i think there are a lot of riffs on this record that put some of their older songs to shame.

But as far as the being old part.... i dont know how thats relavent. This album has as much if not more energy than their first 4.

ill admit i havent listened to the whole album. about half of it i have heard and listened to long enough to digest. from what ive heard its good but not adventurous i guess. i miss songs like ride the lightning and orion. and i dont mean old as people but i mean old as in a band, they mature and...to each his own i guess

Personally in terms of energy and full-throttleness (new word) nothing that I've heard from the new stuff can touch Damage Inc. or Disposable Heroes.

I've listened to about half. It reminds me of a mix of there entire catalog. Unfortunately up to Cyanide it reminds me of the albums I don't like...Black album forward (- St. Anger no correlation) with a little old school mixed in here and there.

I usually agree with JD; I'm glad you like it, but so far I do not feel it has the same energy as the first 4. MOP IMO was there crowning acheivement. Let's face it...Led Zeppelin's albums after Houses of the Holy were not the greatest.

Most bands seem to take musical turns that leave long time (and fans from the era like myself) less than satisfied. If I had to guess those that really like the album started liking Metallica in the era that left some of us old school guys scratching our heads.

I'm going to give it a complete listen today and then decide.

A little disappointed by the prospect of Unforgiven III but I'll try to keep an open mind.

clutch71 said:
I've listened to about half. It reminds me of a mix of there entire catalog. Unfortunately up to Cyanide it reminds me of the albums I don't like...Black album forward (- St. Anger no correlation) with a little old school mixed in here and there.

I usually agree with JD; I'm glad you like it, but so far I do not feel it has the same energy as the first 4. MOP IMO was there crowning acheivement. Let's face it...Led Zeppelin's albums after Houses of the Holy were not the greatest.

Most bands seem to take musical turns that leave long time (and fans from the era like myself) less than satisfied. If I had to guess those that really like the album started liking Metallica in the era that left some of us old school guys scratching our heads.

I'm going to give it a complete listen today and then decide.

A little disappointed by the prospect of Unforgiven III but I'll try to keep an open mind.

i find all their music after MoP very polarizing and i think that has a lot to do with their constant morphing. I can definitely see this album being another one that will polarize people. I've listened to it a good 50+ times at this point and overall i'm really into this album. I was a big fan of the Load stuff and MoP is one of my all time favorite albums by any band and i see a middle point between the two in DM, so i think that may have something to do with it.

At the end of the day as long as they feel proud of this album thats what matters, and i think most people here (as musicians) would agree. If people get enjoyment out of that its like the icing on the cake because at that point they can make a good living out of something they enjoy.

from everything i heard the songs aren't bad. but am i the only who wishes it had the production value / "sound" of load and reload. either the rhythm guitars aren't sitting well in the mix from what i heard or the drums are way too upfront and loud comparitivley if you know what i mean? am i the only one who feels this way? or could it be just the crappy quality youtube versions i've been listening to?

metalhead51105 said:
from everything i heard the songs aren't bad. but am i the only who wishes it had the production value / "sound" of load and reload. either the rhythm guitars aren't sitting well in the mix from what i heard or the drums are way too upfront and loud comparitivley if you know what i mean? am i the only one who feels this way? or could it be just the crappy quality youtube versions i've been listening to?

yeah Rubin is an idiot when it comes to his involvement in the mix. met was on tour in europe when Rubin and the engineer did the mix and for some reason they went to a super compressed, super clipped mix. if you listen to the Guitar Hero 3 mixes everything is much more clear and actually sounds less st anger-ry and more load/ba in terms of the guitar tones and over all levels. the only thing i've had to get used to is the dryness of the mix. overall though i love this album.... the end of the line is one of my new favorite met songs. the youtube clips dont help as they compress the **** out of them when you upload them to youtube.

my impression of every song.......pretty kick *** then it all turns to poo as soon as james opens his mouth. The man has lost his balls for sure.

R_ADKINS80 said:
my impression of every song.......pretty kick *** then it all turns to poo as soon as james opens his mouth. The man has lost his balls for sure.

hmmm... are we listening to the same album?? :?

end of the line, the judas kiss, all nightmare long?? maybe my ears are way off but he's spittin fire on some of these songs... the "bow down" part in the judas kiss sounds like he's ready to bang heads

Well I've listened to the whole album several times through and have come to a formal conclusion. I like it. It's one of those albums I had to listen to several times through, it didn't grab me right away but there were enough parts as an old school fan that kept bringing me back.

I'll rank it as follows...MOP, KEA, AJFA, RTL, DM, GDR.

James voice did take some getting used to, keep listening...it's aging but still works.

The thing I like about Metallica is they are very Fan-centric (Ha Dave, even I can come up with a new word!) I'd say this album went out of their way to go back to there roots, while producing an album that they also wanted to make.

The more you listen to it, I think every one will walk away happy. I could do without the Unforgiven 3 though.

Latest posts

Back