Metallica - Of Wolf And Man (Mesa Mark IV Clip)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I have received quite a few requests to do a Metallica clip with the Mark IV. I wasn't trying to go for an authentic Metallica tone (scooped) but wanted to give my take with it.

Several of the requests asked if the Mark IV has enough gain to handle this kind of music without a boost. I definitely think so. The guitars have a little reverb to fill in the space and that's it.

I have been doing quite a bit of recording this week (Guns n Roses - You're Crazy/Rocket Queen and Killswitch Engage - My Curse). I know they are cover tunes but I haven't taken the time to write my own material yet. Let me know if you're interested in hearing them (I just don't want to be a clip *****). :wink:

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25497

One of my favorite riffs!! I love this song!

The tone isn't spot on Metallica, but it fit the cover well and the playing was pretty good as well.

Do you have anything with the McCarty?

Elpelotero said:
One of my favorite riffs!! I love this song!

The tone isn't spot on Metallica, but it fit the cover well and the playing was pretty good as well.

Do you have anything with the McCarty?

I am not a huge fan of the scooped out tone. I like mids to be more present in my tone. Thanks for listening!

I can make a clip with my McCarty if you would like.

whatever you think will show off the best of prs and mesa combined. some high gain and clean stuff mixed together. a cover, wanking, anything...I'd love to hear it!

just played "Of Wolf and Man" as the opening song last night at a gig! You've got a great tone as always, even if drum's kick and bass give the clip too much of a loosey feeling to me.

Hahah , I just saw this clip and its one of the worst I heard so far.. really crappy backing track, and he looped the part when kirk plays...

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=7367

Hey, Can you post the clips of killswitch and GnR? Maybe even do a little clip with just the raw guitar?

Are you using just the Lead channel for all gain sounds?

I am leaning toward teh IV now.. and would love to hear some of these songs.. since that's what i dig.

thanks

Latest posts

Back