Electra-Dyne Clip (Metallica)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
Thought I would record the ED playing some Metallica.

No Pedals, no boost, no EQ, no Reverb, none added in the mix, just dry. Just my Highway 1 plugged straight in to my combo at Bedroom volume (Daughter sleeping 2 doors down) with an SM57 on the grill.

Now, first off, this amp IMO was mainly geared towards hard rock. I just wanted to do this clip just to show that it can do the heavy stuff. But I will admit, if I'm out playing Metallica, I would use the Mark IV first.

Toon tracks drums and 4Front bass VST using reaper

And excuse the sloppy play. This song wears me the hell out!

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=5026

Great tone! I have to say when I was demoing the amp at first, I was surprised to be able to pull off these kinds of Metallica tones with just a flick of the treble knob after playing in creamy british lead land for a while.

Thanks

Yeah I definately have the treble jacked up (4:00).

I might try and mess with it a bit more with regard to settings and mic placement, and maybe turn the volume up some. I had the Gain on my audio buddy mic preamp way up so that it would record as I wanted to keep the volume low to not wake my daughter. This was also the first time I had miced this amp, and I just basically put the mic out front and never tried adjusting.

Wonder how it would sound if I threw my EQ in the loop and V'd it.

theweatherman said:
Wonder how it would sound if I threw my EQ in the loop and V'd it.

Probably amazing.
I own a Mark V but I'm really wanting to increase my Mesa collection to include the Electradyne.

Thats a great demo. I was wondering how metal the Electra-Dyne would go and the cleans sound great too

Andyman :lol:

TimeSignature said:
Uh Oh. GASing.....

If it helps that clips was also without a boost. I'm sure if the gain wasn't pegged, it was close.

The ED has cured my amp GAS. Now I am GASing for an American Standard Strat. This amp loves single coils!

That clip was so sloppy!

Just kidding. The clip was great. Nice playing and nice tone!

Keep them coming!

WoW - thanks for the clip. I'm new to the forum and currently researching a new amp. Looks like the ED is top of the list after listening to that clip.

Thanks

Back