mesa transatlantic!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has more stuff than other little amps. And it's still hand built and has a 5 year warranty. Egnaters and Tiny Terrors and stuff like that are not in the same class really.

A Handwired Tiny Terror is $1059 :eek:

MesaDCLP said:
Wish it was cheaper.

I dont know how much cheaper they can price it considering its still made in the good old USA and has more or less the same technology in amps that are priced over twice what it will cost. For those that love the Mesa tone but want it in a smaller package and dont need the power of a 50/100/150 watt amp i think its a more than reasonable price.

jdurso said:
I dont know how much cheaper they can price it considering its still made in the good old USA and has more or less the same technology in amps that are priced over twice what it will cost. For those that love the Mesa tone but want it in a smaller package and dont need the power of a 50/100/150 watt amp i think its a more than reasonable price.

+1

Oh, now I'm GASsing for that one. I wondered when Mesa was going to do this. Since the PRS Sweet 16 is priced at about $1600 or so, $900 sounds more than reasonable. Sure, a third less would be nice, but this is a Mesa, after all, along with the quality they are know for and made in the USA. If it brings to the table what Mesa's typically do, then the amp should please those that bring it home in a big way.

It looks kind of space agey to me, but I think I like it as it is rather unique. I'm in if it gives the tone I like as I really don't need the higher powered amps. (Not that I'd throw an ElectraDyne out if someone gave me one.) One of those and a couple of the 1X12's should make a really nice stack.

Now I just wonder when they will be hitting the market...

David

Rezamatix said:
Played one at the namm show in anaheim today, sounds awesome.

Where you able to see if there was a loop?

I'm thinking there isn't because I never see it mentioned.

****, My DC-2 is hiding under the bed this morning and won't come out. I offered him a couple of new tubes and tossed him his favorite guitar cable. No luck. I think he's just scared sh!tless.

:D

It's nice to Mesa come out with something that adds even more variety to their amp lineup. I like the look of it; and as a fan of the EL84 tone, I like it already! You just know it's gonna sound divine. Good job, Mesa.

Using those 2 or 3 business classes I took back in the day, I'll even offer some free marketing advice for Mr. Smith: Mesa should give away some of these amps to random people on this board to help promote the amp. :lol:

Can anyone confirm it is made and assembled in the U.S.A.
Just the name Transatlantic makes me wonder, and the to cheap to be a mesa question.
Has anyone who tried one looked at the back and saw Made in U.S.A.?
I have to ask as you would think that would be prominently added to the specs on the website.
Marshall released some 50/100 watt heads and combos, that just like the haze series, are Made in China.
Yet the marshall Classic 5, is made in U.K. yet only $399. sure it is a one channel amp and perhaps not top
quality. I am not bashing made in china ATM.
Yet, please confirm Mesa has not jumped on that bandwagon.
Thanks
/cheers

I can learn to resist
Anything but Temptation

yes made in the USA - the transatlantic name refers to the voicing or sound of hte amp - its going to be very british sounding (vox, orange, early marshall)

Great. Thanks for the quick reply.
Seeing most USA companies giving in, I am hoping mesa won't. I guess
with the celestion there is nothing they can do. Unless they switched to
a different model still made in the U.K.
That said the new Vintage 30s are made in China, are less wattage then the older U.K. models,
and are not the same speaker.

The Celestions that Mesa uses—both the MC90 and Mesa's version of the Vintage 30—are still made in the UK.

Back