Meeting with son's principal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyhawk13

Reaction score
I had to meet with the boy's principal after he got his second referal.
His mother was injured, or she would have met with him, but she was not excited about it.

After a brief discussion of how he's doing, etc, we started talking about guitars. He had a Gibson LG(?) in the office! It was from the 60's, and had a nice patina. I think the wood was cherry. He was mentioning how it was perfect for a child!

I'd wished that I had taken guitar lessons when I was young. I wouldn't still be fighting for musical literacy as hard today. But, for a kid, it has to be fun.

I don't think he teaches lessons, he just happened to have it in his office that day.
I bought him a cheap, small acoustic to see if it holds his interest (just turned 9). I'll show him a few chords & see where it goes from there.

Nah, SOP for second referral. Infact, the principal said he was proud of him for only having his second referral with only 2 weeks left in the year. This time last ywear, he had 4 and was in danger of being expelled.

What started out as getting ready to defend our parenting skills turned into a pretty decent B.S. session. 8)

Back