• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

May not be the right section....is this really a C+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mctallica1

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250568257919&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just curious.

PM a member here named boogiebabies. He's ery knowledgable. Based on the thread under "mark series" here titled "mark IIC+ for dummies" I think the serial number on this particular amp is much lower than the common C+ serial sequence. It's very possible it's a conversion which would make the price a good deal IMO. The only real way to tell is the loop test. But this amp is definitly a C based on the number.

Looks to be a Mark IIC long chassis, that might possibly have been upgraded. Funny thing is, he had it listed as a Mark IIC earlier today with a buy it now of $1500, then changed it to a C+ with a buy it now of $4500, and now it is listed as a Mark IIC with a buy it now of $1300. The seller needs to pull the chassis out and take pictures. There should be something noted on the chassis about the upgrade if I am not mistaken.

he had it listed as buy now earlier for $1800

i think he's confused

he lists it as a C - even says its a C not a + in the description yet theres a + and mikes initials on the back lol

something is a bit odd here

Yeah, I saw that one too when it was BIN @$1500. From the serial number it would be in the high "C" range and could very well be an upgrade. Boogiebabies and I talked about it and he thinks it looks like (from the size of the OP transformer) a Simulclass.
He pointed out that since it didn't have reverb it would have the SP-11A preamp board and since I use reverb it would be of no interest to me.
When I saw he had it listed for $4500 I e-mailed him that it was pretty obvious that somebody thought that they'ld be cool and told him he had a C+ and it was worth a ton of money. I explained that it could be an upgrade at best and sent him a link to the "C+ Guide for Dummies". He replied back "Thanks" and the next thing I know it's been reduced to $1300.
Since our exchange occurred yesterday (Saturday, Mesa was closed) I don't know if he really called Mesa or not. If he did on Friday, then he knew at that time it was not a C+ (per his listing) and he fraudulently listed it as a C+, and then, since I cautioned him that anybody interested in that amp would be very fussy concerning it's originality/description it looks like he backed down. I don't know what to think about that.
Whatever, it looks like he's not taking any chances on misleading anyone now, whether he's confused or not.I think he probably is somewhat confused and I give him props on trying to do the right thing for now, anyway.
If he calls Mesa on Monday he will know for sure and if it is an upgrade we will almost certainly see another price change.
I know I'll be watching :)
Jim

Back