MARSHALL JVM410H

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
Freaking sweet *** amp. I played one and was expecting pure Marshall Mode Four goodness, but what I got was a hot and fresh new take on a Marshall tone. I picked up a used one yesterday and I'm loving every minute of it.

My only issue with them is the noise floor and the fizziness. Cool amps otherwise. Were I looking to score a high gain marshall I'd score a Splawn or similar or I'd do what I did and buy an Orange. :wink:

The do sound nice properly dialed in. Just lots of noise (lots more than any high gainer I've owned) and as I said, buzzy, fizzy gain for a marshall.

madryan said:
My only issue with them is the noise floor and the fizziness. Cool amps otherwise. Were I looking to score a high gain marshall I'd score a Splawn or similar or I'd do what I did and buy an Orange. :wink:

The do sound nice properly dialed in. Just lots of noise (lots more than any high gainer I've owned) and as I said, buzzy, fizzy gain for a marshall.

Yup, not to mention it's rather thin sounding to me...

I liked the jvm. Brutal amp head with lots of flexibility. I REALLY like the programmable footswitch. Great idea on their part. And the amp has a lot of tone in it to me. Congrats on scoring one!

-AJH

When I got my roadster it was up between the jvm and the roadster. I didn`t get to try a jvm until after I had made my decision. If I had of tried it before, the decision would have been a lot more difficult.

Had a Marshall TSL for 8 years, sold it bought a JVM. Took it back a week later. Way too noisy even with a Hush Super C. Drove me nuts. :(

I tried a JVM before I bought my Stiletto Deuce II. I preferred the Stiletto until I played a Carvin Legacy II. I like the idea of a programmable foot switch.

Just go myself a JVM410 too.... cant believe what i've been missing!!

Never been a Marshall fan until now, this ones for keeps

Great cleans (really surprised me), AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Maiden tones in one amp!

I played a TSL100 in the band and it was **** loud and grindy/crunchy in the mids. Especially with ESPs. Marshall materials and build quality are suspect nowadays.

But I haven't actually tried a JVM amp yet. Probably won't. Get a JMP-1 and run it into a EL34 power amp. Ministry style!

I actually havent heard the JVM. I have generally hated anything Marshall puts their name on due to them really screwing me when I first started playing.

But now the only Marshalls I really like is a gained-out Jcm800 or a Plexi or JMP. The classics. Although a programmable footswitch is genius.

fluff191 said:
I actually havent heard the JVM. I have generally hated anything Marshall puts their name on due to them really screwing me when I first started playing.

But now the only Marshalls I really like is a gained-out Jcm800 or a Plexi or JMP. The classics. Although a programmable footswitch is genius.

JMP's rule the world...

IMG_0498.jpg

Biggest issue I found with the JVM is the Channel 4 Red gain. Very noisy to the point of being unusable. Might be tamed with a noise gate but what's the point. Great digital reverb and midi capabilities. A definate selling point.

Should my DSL ever go down past repair, the JVM205h is what I'd look into.

One of the biggest issues with Marshall's (more modern types JCM900 - JVM) is the subpar Dagnall tranformers. To me they seem hit and miss to me.

I do understand the dislike for Marshall's. I had it for most of my playing years.

I used to own a JVM 410C...but I sold mine for my Mark V...personally the sound was awesome on my JVM though it's noise floor is much louder than on my Mesa...it was pretty fizzy and was brittle at times...but it was a fire-breathing beast...Mesa are way better built in my opinion and they sound better IMO...but the Marshall sound is something to be appreciated on it's own. It's much better sounding when you replace some preamp tubes with some tung-sols and whatnot

Back