• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark IV w/ nice BIN

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Not mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-IV-MEDIUM-HEAD_W0QQitemZ300153922947QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just a heads up to all you guys

I hate to break it to him but if the treble pot is broke then it is an absolute pain in the *** to change. He doesn't elaborate if just the plastic part is missing or if the pot is broken.

danyeo1 said:
I hate to break it to him but if the treble pot is broke then it is an absolute pain in the *** to change. He doesn't elaborate if just the plastic part is missing or if the pot is broken.

Um yeah he does..

its missing the R1 trebble switch , but it works fine without it, you can still move it

This seller updated his auction. He originally would take a wire transfer only because he needs immediate payment but look further and he states that the item cannot be shipped until 10/06/07 because he'll be out of town.

I would not touch this one.

see this thread...its about the exact same item. The seller has updated the sale and removed the wire transfer only and now does not mention that the item cannot be shipped until 10/06/07.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17443

Platypus said:
danyeo1 said:

Um yeah he does..

its missing the R1 trebble switch , but it works fine without it, you can still move it

I'm willing to bet it's broke. Meaning that yes, there might be a part of the pot there, but i bet you can't just stick the plastic end on it and have it 100% functional.

And i have learned to ask the same question 5 times before you get a straight answer. And if this was my amp and i wanted top dollar, i would have bought the cheap plastic end and installed it myself.

danyeo1 said:
I'm willing to bet it's broke. Meaning that yes, there might be a part of the pot there, but i bet you can't just stick the plastic end on it and have it 100% functional.

And i have learned to ask the same question 5 times before you get a straight answer. And if this was my amp and i wanted top dollar, i would have bought the cheap plastic end and installed it myself.
pretty harsh assessment, give the guy a break.. you wouldn't happen to be selling a mark iv for a higher price would you? :lol: :lol:

eltrain858 said:
danyeo1 said:

pretty harsh assessment, give the guy a break.. you wouldn't happen to be selling a mark iv for a higher price would you? :lol: :lol:

Doesn't really matter what I'm selling, the fact is someone is going to get stuck sending that IV back to Mesa Boogie because that's not a simple job. If you have ever opened up a MarkIV you'll know what I'm talking about. Plus, as others have noted, there's been just one too many shady MarkIV auctions as of late and it's annoying.

I've been watching this ad since the first hr he listed it. When I saw it pop up, i was like ****!! went to click buy it now. Then decided to give the ad one more look over and noticed something was shady.

Wire transfer only isn't shady, cause that's how I prefer to sell. However, I am a powerseller with over 250 positives and sell about 5k a month on ebay alone. and my feedback reflects that. This guy, however, has very low feedback.

And he cannot ship for 2-3 weeks after the sale??? wtf!!! That gives him enough time to fled the country or move on without being tracked.

I wouldn't buy this MKIV for $1!

This probably sounds awful - but to any ebayers or other people who sell things from time to time, I'll share my two bits on giving prospective buyers confidence in your sale: Use correct English! With all due love and respect to any of our English as a second language friends, in most fraudulent listings, phishing or other email schemes, you'll notice some weird phrasing, spelling mistakes and other tip offs that the seller is not 100% comfortable with the language. I have to say, even little things like "I need the money urgent!" (instead of urgently) and being described as "reallgood" (as opposed to really good) are all things that make me doubt the legitimacy of the ad.

I'm not trying to knock people who have a hard time speaking English. I'm just trying to say - if you're a legitimate seller, do yourself a favor and take the time to proof read your listing, and write it out in an intelligent manner. It boosts your cred almost more than anything else you can do (with the exception of the obvious necessities, like using paypal, NEVER mentioning Western Union, etc.)

Hello , I am the owner of the Mark IV you guys are talking about, it is my auction , some think its shady but its really not, about the pot being broke, it ISNT BROKEN, the switch is but the POT ISNT BROKEN , I was only accepting wire transfer only because I need the money fast, and by paypal it takes longer for it to get transfered to my bank account , I stated in the description that it was going to be shipped october 6th because I'm not at home right now, if you dont like that part dont bid as simple as that , and on my english , yes english isnt my 1st language so it isnt perfect.

Back