Mark IV running 2xE34L and 2x6L6 - wattage?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FretsOnFyre

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find a similar thread anywhere. Also, first post! :D

So, as of two months ago I am the proud owner of a Mark IV A combo! When I bought it, it was (and still is) running Groove Tubes E34Ls in the outer sockets and Mesa 6L6s in the inner sockets.

I believe Mark IVs are 85 watts (correct me if I'm wrong) running all 6L6s, Simul-Class, Pentode and Full Power. How does the wattage change with 6L6 + E34L, Class A, Triode and Tweed Power, and combinations of those settings?

This is a somewhat complicated request, so I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out!

Class A is 25 watts.
Simul-Class is 85 watts.
I've never heard of a difference in output between all 6L6s and a EL-34/6L6 mix, but I'm confident someone with an oscilloscope will be along presently.
If you want another take on reducing the wattage, install four 6V6s and run on the required Tweed setting. There's a discussion in the manual. Yellow Jackets Tube Converters allow the installation of EL-84s and reduce the 60 watts Class AB from two 6L6s to 20-30 watts Class A.
(None of the above references to Class A are *real* Class A, of course, but by now everyone knows this.)

Latest posts

Back