LSS problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

Reaction score
Hi

I am hoping someone can maybe help with an issue with my LSS. I play channel 2 mainly with the drive engaged, on 5w setting. The amp has both reeder mods, done a few months ago. I was playing at the weekend and found that the amp had hardly any drive or guts to the tone. The drive knob seems to work, but when the drive is disengaged there is hardly any volume at all. Channel one also seems to be affected, also seeming quiet and gutless. I just assumed tube failure. I swapped out V1 and V2 with no improvement and also the phase inverter valve. The reverb and loop volume are working so I assume those valves are OK. I also swapped the middle pair of output valves with the outer pair again with no improvement. The amp has the same symptoms regardless of which wattage is selected so I assume this would rule out the rectifier valve. It is the same regardless of guitar. I haven't buzzed out the leads but it doesn't feel like a faulty lead. I am planning on removing the chassis tonight to see what I can see, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what may be going on, or can see anything I have overlooked then any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Very pleased if not slightly embarrased to report that all is well. It was the guitar lead, but not the usual open circuit/intermittent thing, but the tip connection shorting to the ground due to an internal break in the insulation, where the cable has flexed. The meter proved this and on closer inspection you can see and feel where the cable is damaged, so I will just cut the cable back a bit and rewire to reuse the cable. :D

Latest posts

Back