MKIIB Lead Master -pull bright pot wiring? -1982 RP-9C circuit board (SRG) Serial # 8751

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im no amp tech but why would someone wire up a pull switch just to connect two ground points? Are you absolutely sure that lug is ground? Put a continuity meter on it to be sure, with the pull bright switch pushed in. Put a lead on it and the other to chassis. On V3B, that fatter grey lead from pin 7, is that going to the middle lug of pot?
Look at the schematic I posted of the IIB

Im no amp tech but why would someone wire up a pull switch just to connect two ground points? Are you absolutely sure that lug is ground? Put a continuity meter on it to be sure, with the pull bright switch pushed in. Put a lead on it and the other to chassis. On V3B, that fatter grey lead from pin 7, is that going to the middle lug of pot?
If in doubt, contact Mesa, they will ster you straight, I have done and said all I can think of believe me I have been in several of these amps, they change all the time, but your amp is a IIB, call Mesa and give them your serial #

Attachments

• Mesa Mark II V3A and V3B sections.png
    Mesa Mark II V3A and V3B sections.png
    393.1 KB · Views: 0
If in doubt, contact Mesa, they will ster you straight, I have done and said all I can think of believe me I have been in several of these amps, they change all the time, but your amp is a IIB, call Mesa and give them your serial #

Attachments

• Mesa Mark IIB Lead drive and Reverb V3A Verb_V3B Drive.png
    Mesa Mark IIB Lead drive and Reverb V3A Verb_V3B Drive.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 0
yea it looks lie my amp is stk I found a couple 9C boards wired the same way here's another one just like mine -

Attachments

• STK MKIIB 9C board.jpg
    STK MKIIB 9C board.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 0
  • whole shot MKIIB .jpg
    whole shot MKIIB .jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 0
it be nice to get pictures of all the different versions out there. here's a MKIIB 9A board similar to my 9C

Attachments

• MKIIB 9A board 2.jpg
    MKIIB 9A board 2.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back