My Studio Caliber DC-2 is different than the manual

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowery969

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I took ownership of a Studio Caliber DC-2 combo amp last week, and I'm still getting to know her.

There are differences than what I see in the manual from the Out of Production site at Mesa:

• The Lead/Rhythm toggle instead is a Lead/Rhythm/Contour toggle. Leaving the three-way toggle switched in the middle allows control using the footswitch
  • The footswitch has a switch for Lead/Rhythm, and Contour/No Contour
  • There is an input on the rear that says headphones
I'd like to use the headphone feature, but I don't want to leap without looking first.
It looks like there is a switch to disengage the speaker. I assume I should turn the speaker off with this.
Are there any other steps to using the headphone jack?

More importantly, does a user manual exist with these particular features?

Jason

Welcome to the club, the DC-2 is a great amp, I bought one new in the 90's and will never let it go.

They used rocker switches, instead of toggle switches for some builds, not sure if early or late production.

On my DC-2 there is a switch in the back, under the lip to turn the speaker off for headphones. As you noted, that's what you do for headphone playing

Take a look, and feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

I had a DC-2 in college. Sounded great at home but could never get it to sit (or be heard) in a live band mix. The gain was too smooth. Wish I still had it tho.

Back