Looking for a good shimmer.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sickindian

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking for a good shimmer effect but i cant affor axe fx ultra or Eventide eclipse. Basically my budget is low so im seeking help from someone whos been using a good quality shimmer creating unit.

Thanks
Adrian

Sickindian said:
Hi
Im looking for a good shimmer effect but i cant affor axe fx ultra or Eventide eclipse. Basically my budget is low so im seeking help from someone whos been using a good quality shimmer creating unit.

Thanks
Adrian

Line 6 Verbzilla or M13 if you want more fx, but the Verbzilla does the shimmer very nicely especially if you have a good delay unit.

jdurso said:
Sickindian said:
Hi

Thanks
Adrian

Line 6 Verbzilla or M13 if you want more fx, but the Verbzilla does the shimmer very nicely especially if you have a good delay unit.

I read that Line 6's products are quite faulty hows the verbzilla?

Sickindian said:
Hi

Thanks
Adrian

When you say "shimmer", are you looking for reverb, chorus, maybe detune? A combination of either can produce a killer shimmer effect. There are a bunch of pedal or rack units that can produce a shimmer. Which are you looking for?

Strategy500 said:
Sickindian said:
Hi

Thanks
Adrian

When you say "shimmer", are you looking for reverb, chorus, maybe detune? A combination of either can produce a killer shimmer effect. There are a bunch of pedal or rack units that can produce a shimmer. Which are you looking for?

Actually thats a good question... i assumed when you said shimmer you meant the reverby shimmer that has the harmonized tails. Now that i think about it are you talking about the Crystal effect from the Axe-Fx of Eclipse?

BTW the verbzilla is a solid unit.... very sturdy and sounds really nice.

jdurso said:
Strategy500 said:
Sickindian said:
Hi

Thanks
Adrian

Actually thats a good question... i assumed when you said shimmer you meant the reverby shimmer that has the harmonized tails. Now that i think about it are you talking about the Crystal effect from the Axe-Fx of Eclipse?

BTW the verbzilla is a solid unit.... very sturdy and sounds really nice.

Thats the one! this kind of Crystal, glowing sound and actually i thought its a delay played parallel few times faster with some Reverb.
Strategy500 complicated that so much for me hahaha but in fact nailed the question and jdurso definied what im looking for.
If i had some more funds i would probably go for axe fx ultra as its tempting me but i will probably have to check this verbzilla as it will not overstrech my budget.

Thanks
Adrian

Adrian-

There is a difference between the "Crystal" effect and what the Verbzilla does. The Verbzilla has more of a reverby shimmer that has some harmonizer in the tails (its called Octo). The Crystals fx from the Axe-FX and Eclipse is a bit more complicated... it uses a detuned reverb, chorus, delays with harmonized tails.

Is this what your talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQH8ImJSVE

If so you'll need the verbzilla plus a delay pedal that can do twin delays or something like the L6 M13 and you can get close.

Latest posts

Back