loads o' gear!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tramp

Reaction score
Some of my babys!!!

On a warm Malvern day!
full-rig.jpg

L-R 50th Anniversary Strat, Parker fly deluxe (1998) Jackson Dinky (signed by Grover! 1988) Peavey wolfgang (2000) Fender Malmsteen (2002)

The rest you boogie lads can figure out!!

ah when do you really find a place to play that uses all that power. If you have 50w and want power amp distortion it would be to load to handle.

Would love a 2:90 but not for the power output, my 20:20 has delivered all I need on that front (and more)....I would want it for the voice switching options.....

Hey-Ho, with Wife and 3 Kids it's not on the list of 'her' priorities :D

Regards

tramp said:
Would love a 2:90 but not for the power output, my 20:20 has delivered all I need on that front (and more)....I would want it for the voice switching options.....Regards

If you're worried about the volume, don't be. Setting the 2:90 input to "line" instead of "instrument" significantly tames the output. Also, regulating it in the FX loop helps a lot.

Btw - I'm strongly considering a Parker Fly as my next guitar. How does the coil tap sound? Convincingly single coil-ish? Also, I read something about not being able to swap your own pickups in? What's the deal with that?

Ya another parker player. :D

Btw - I'm strongly considering a Parker Fly as my next guitar. How does the coil tap sound? Convincingly single coil-ish? Also, I read something about not being able to swap your own pickups in? What's the deal with that?

Yes i find them to sound very single coilish especially on the neck pickup.

On the flys it is very difficult to swap standard pickups because of the super thin body.

What you can do it just have dimarzio or duncan or whoever you want redo your stock pickups to sound however you want.

Or send it to ed roman and he can mod the pickup to fit. Parker recomends him for this mod so i think its safe.

Could'nt have said it better myself!!.. both Dimarzio and duncan make the pickups for the fly (they have a system whereas two of the pole magnets fix and regulate height of the pickup so you can't really fit any others,...athough I've heard it done!!!)...

But like the man said you can always get 'em wound how you want .....I'm on the first gen di's and they are great (although some would say they are some-what bright!!)...The most versitile axe I have (and always at a gig)

And my god they are so fookin' light 4.5 pounds!!!!!! great for the longer set + they have the piezo!!

All I played for years was my Fly, but I must say that they can be very mid-rangey and steril sounding. And those **** Peizo ball bearing fall out when you break a string. it is very very annoying on stage.

You wont find a faster neck though. I swear my fly allows me to play faster than any other guitar, due to the "glass" fretboard and kick *** action.

The trem system on the Flys is par none as well. It NEVER goes out of tune on me.

I would play it more if did not sound so thin at times.

A/B it against a Strat or LP and you will notice a difference. You can compensate with effects, but I am more of a plug and play guy.

Latest posts

Back