Noob to the forum.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam adams

Reaction score
Hey, just stumbled across this forum on my search for some Mesa gear and info so I figured I'd sign up to take advantage of the classifieds and to get to know more about Mesa products. Figured I'd post my rig.

At the moment I don't currently have any Mesa amps. In the past I've had a few including a 3 channel Dual Recto, V-Twin Rack Pre, 50/50 poweramp, and Stilleto Duece. And with the way I go through gear I can definately see myself owning a few more items in the years to come.

Heads:

As of right now my main head is a Peavey 5150 II. It's been modded a bunch by JerryP at FJA mods with the Bias Mod w/bias probe, Custom Mercury Magnetic output transformer, Mercury Magnetics choke, Adjustable Noise Reduction Circuit, Tone shift(Push pull on the low control for the lead channel), Lead Channel restore and Clarity mod.

I also have a stock 5150 that I use as a backup. Or sometimes I run an ABY setup with both heads when I feel like being ridiculous.

Cabs:

My main gigging/touring cab is my VHT fatbottom 4x12 with Eminence P50e's. I've upgraded the casters and added some Weber Beam Blockers.

I also have an Electric amp 6x12 with Eminence Man O Wars. Live in Shock case from affordable-cases. I've added Beam Blockers to it aswell. It's serial number is #1. This cab is nothing short of amazing. I consider it furniture in my practice space.

Guitars:

Fender 04 American Standard Telecaster with upgrades.
Upgrades are as follows:
Graphite Nut
Glendale Vintage Bridge
Seymour Duncan Hotrails
Gibson Burstbucker 2
Push/Pull pot on the Hotrails
Black All parts Pickguard
Chrome Fender Vintage Saddles
50s Style String Tree
Vintage Style Toggle Switch Knob

Fender 1969 Tele Thineline RI with upgrades.
Upgrades:
EMG T set installed with an EMG SPC Booster.

Parker Fly Classic 2000. Stock is the new custom.

Ibanez RG570.
Mods:
Blocked Floyd trem.
EMG 81/85 set installed.
Shaved down neck.

Brazen Fantasy Deluxe. Stock. For sale actually.

FX & Pedals:

I usually piece together a pedalboard depending on the band I'm jamming with or the style of music I'm playing. Sometimes I use a bunch of them, sometimes I'm straight into the amp. Heres what I have:

Line 6 DL4 Delay.
Line 6 MM4 Modulation modeller.
Digitech Whammy IV.
Dunlop Origional Crybaby Wah.
Maxon OD808.
ErnieBall Jr. passive volume.
Radial Big shot ABY box.
Boss Tu-2 tuner.
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor.
Boss DD-3 Delay(for sale).
Boss RC 20 XL Loop Station.
2 Boss MT-2 Metal Zones. (Yeah yeah, 1's for sale and the other is for bedroom jamming only, I got a combo with no distortion. :p )
Ebow
Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger(for sale)
PlanetWaves PW-CT-04 Tuner pedal.

I use an SKB PS-45 board when I need a number of pedals.

Pics:
I have more but here are a couple for now.
P1020602.jpg

5150FJA5150II6x12.jpg

5150FJA5150II.jpg

what's up sammy, welcome to the board. slip a mesa in that rig and some other people just might say hi too :lol:

eltrain858 said:
what's up sammy, welcome to the board. slip a mesa in that rig and some other people just might say hi too :lol:
I'm working on it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back