Let's see your "Pig rig" pics (Lonestars)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan-x said:
Lspaul, is that a recto cab with V-30's? I bet that rig can breathe fire. :twisted:
Hi man,
that is a Stiletto cab with V30s...and yeah, it can!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
eheheh :lol:

O.K. Boys,
Here's my pig rig and other accessories for your amusement 8)
DSCF0342.jpg

The Boogie amp is out at the mothership with Mike B. getting a cap job and a Effects Loop Mod, should get it back this week.
The cast of characters shown above includes, a real live '61 Les Paul (pre SG),Fender Custom Shop '60 Strat,Les Paul Custom,
Ric 360/12. Amps are PIG with 2x12 extension cab,PIG Special,Boogie MKIIb,pedal boards include all kinds of Fulltone Products that work well with the Pigs,Keeley Compressor & modded Vox Wah,Digitech Hardwire Tuner and Echo and custom made (by me)
self powered pedal boards based on the Pedal Train aluminum boards and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II.

see ya' Jim

Wow Jim! Now you can be the LSS vs LSC thread guy answer man. :lol: Nice stuff, got some Fulltones too. Ya know, were just sick owning all this stuff. What are the dyi pedals you have?

plan-x said:
Wow Jim! Now you can be the LSS vs LSC thread guy answer man. :lol: Nice stuff, got some Fulltones too. Ya know, were just sick owning all this stuff. What are the dyi pedals you have?

I think you mean "DIY" pedals.... Actually I'm not smart enough to build pedals, it's the Pedal Boards I was referring to. I build custom pedal boards for folks when requested to... pedals are locked down,wiring is premium and kept short,connections are premium and tested for resistance and capacitance, boards are wired with in/out jacks (for the instrument), on these two I built
up the board on the corners beneath the Lonestar footpedals to get them up high where you could reach them. Handles,ect.

You are right about it being a sickness, my wife has said more than once that I can't play but one at a time. I've had so much stuff pass through my hands it's scarey.

I had a '65 Stratocaster that I bought new in '68 in a jewelry store (didn't have a" music store" in town) and played it until I graduated in 1971 and then went off to the Air Force. Before I left I traded it at a pawnshop for a $129 engagement ring :(
Seemed like the right thing at the time......the marraige lasted 18 months :roll:
I saw what I believe was the same guitar sell on E-bay for nearly $35K !!!! Still had the hangtags and everything that I had kept up with, and a very familiar looking stain on the lid to the storage compartment in the case. I came within inches of taking out a second mortgage........thats when I bought the custom shop Strat. It sounds just like I remember and plays like a dream. Glassy tone!

I've had lots of neat stuff over the years, I think though that what I have now will be the last, the final rig(s). They are not bad
though, and I love playing all of them.

Yes indeed, it's a sickness-but what a way to go.......

see ya'
Jim

marzzz said:
Well, not exactly a "Pig Rig," more like a "Piglet Rig?"

IMG_1854.jpg
That's a pig! 75lbs of back breaking pork. :shock: Add in that BB, and your stlying dude! :D

av8or3 said:
I had a '65 Stratocaster..... I saw what I believe was the same guitar sell on E-bay for nearly $35K !!!!
Oh yeah! I had a 58' strat back in 78'. Traded it for a Gibson "the paul" at about a $600 value in 78'. Still got that gibson, it blue books at about $300-500 today :( . But that strat...must be priceless now. :evil:

Octavarius said:
Ok, guys, here's mine.

Yeah, crappy iPhone pics, I know, but you get the idea. :D

PigRig1.jpg

PigRig2-1.jpg

Question....what does that Moog pedal do?

Does it make your guitar sound like the Moog guitar?

webe123 said:
Octavarius said:
Ok, guys, here's mine.

Yeah, crappy iPhone pics, I know, but you get the idea. :D

PigRig1.jpg

PigRig2-1.jpg

Question....what does that Moog pedal do?

Does it make your guitar sound like the Moog guitar?

Yep, it's an analog delay. Sounds absolutely amazing! One of the best I've ever tried.. exept for tape delays, but the maintenance and noise isn't worth it for me.

As far as I know, the Moog guitar uses pickups with self-regulating magnetic fields to manipulate the strings' physical vibration (either to make it vibrate longer, causing a sustain effect, or the other way; to mute it). A pedal can't accomplish that with normal guitar pickups.

av8or3 said:
O.K. Boys,
Here's my pig rig and other accessories for your amusement 8)
DSCF0342.jpg

The Boogie amp is out at the mothership with Mike B. getting a cap job and a Effects Loop Mod, should get it back this week.
The cast of characters shown above includes, a real live '61 Les Paul (pre SG),Fender Custom Shop '60 Strat,Les Paul Custom,
Ric 360/12. Amps are PIG with 2x12 extension cab,PIG Special,Boogie MKIIb,pedal boards include all kinds of Fulltone Products that work well with the Pigs,Keeley Compressor & modded Vox Wah,Digitech Hardwire Tuner and Echo and custom made (by me)
self powered pedal boards based on the Pedal Train aluminum boards and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II.

see ya' Jim

Wow! Your smaller pedalboard to the left looks a lot like mine! I'll be posting some pics soon! You'll see what I mean. I even have 2 hardwires in the exact same location! A reverb and a delay though.

LSC Pig 1x12 C90, w/ 1x12 (3/4?) open back ext. cab w/ C90.
I think last time I looked at the LSC chassis, I saw it was a 2005.
I'm still learning how to get tone out of her, I love the Andy Timmons tone.
2qc2dcy.jpg

-Gary K

egkor said:
LSC Pig 1x12 C90, w/ 1x12 (3/4?) open back ext. cab w/ C90.
I think last time I looked at the LSC chassis, I saw it was a 2005.
I'm still learning how to get tone out of her, I love the Andy Timmons tone.
2qc2dcy.jpg

-Gary K

Really cool setup there. The two cabs go together quite well. I always say, black and white go well together.

Thanks everybody!

Everyone that has posted "PIG Rig" pics has a nice setup.

I bought the LSC used at a local GC probably two years ago +/-. I liked this one because of its color scheme.

I have 2 of those 1x12 C90 Mesa ext. cabs. I want to try stereo delay, but I have to learn what to do to accomplish that.

Also I want to try a 2x12 Mesa cab with the LSC, someday.

-Gary K

egkor said:
Thanks everybody!

I bought the LSC used at a local GC probably two years ago +/-. I liked this one because of its color scheme.

I have 2 of those 1x12 C90 Mesa ext. cabs. I want to try stereo delay, but I have to learn what to do to accomplish that.

-Gary K

Hey Gary...

You need 2 amps to do the stereo delay thing. One output of the stereo delay goes to one amp, the other output goes to the second amp. The spacing of the 2 amps is key, so experiment with different spacings depending on the room or stage. Having 2 amps can cause phasing issues, but moving the amp around a bit usually solves that for the most part. -Danny

Kiteboarder said:
egkor said:
Thanks everybody!

-Gary K

Hey Gary...

You need 2 amps to do the stereo delay thing. One output of the stereo delay goes to one amp, the other output goes to the second amp. The spacing of the 2 amps is key, so experiment with different spacings depending on the room or stage. Having 2 amps can cause phasing issues, but moving the amp around a bit usually solves that for the most part. -Danny

Hi Danny,
Thanks! I have the 2 1x12 ext. cabs. I have a Boss DD-6 stereo delay pedal. I was thinking I need a 2 channel power amp. What is the signal that is the input to the DD-6, is it from the Slave Out of the LSC?

Is this the idea/path: Guitar -> LSC Guitar In -> LSC Slave Out -> DD6 Mono In -> DD-6 Left Out -> Power Amp Left In, DD-6 Right Out -> Power Amp Right In (then of course Power Amp speaker outs to L/R 1x12 cabs)?

Thanks again!
-Gary K

I would not use the slave out for this purpose. (Although I may be wrong) I would use the LSC completely for one side to get the best tone and then send the other side to the power amp. If you use the delay in the loop on the LSC, then you'll get the preamp warmth sent to the other amp, which I presume is solidstate. Of course there's the concern of running one side of the power amp and not the other. Who cares, rotate back and forth. Ha ha. Bridging the power amp can solve that problem if you can bridge at no lower than 4 ohms.

Latest posts

Back