just got my tun-sol 12AX7...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turmoil

Reaction score
and i put it in the V1 spot on my triple recto. A M A Z I N G! i really was skeptical about how much it would change my tone but it definetly made an improvement in the right direction. i just orded a sextet of E34L's from Eurotubes and i can't wait to get those in there. thanks for the recommendations on the preamp tubes guys!! :D

Interesting, I might have to order some of these little guys as everyone gives rave reviews.

what will diff preamp tubes do for me? i have a RKII and still don't understand what the 12AX7s do but know i need new ones. HELP ME!

Mesa uses tubes that are low cost and reliable. To see the most bang for your buck, replace V1 with a better quality pre-amp tube. If you have deep pockets, (considering you have a RK II,) that has a lot of tubes, then experiment with them all and keep the originals for spares.

So by putting the TS in V1, it changes the distorted tones? or the clean tones? or both? Also, what does it do by putting them in say...v2-v4? Thanks guys

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
So by putting the TS in V1, it changes the distorted tones? or the clean tones? or both? Also, what does it do by putting them in say...v2-v4? Thanks guys

-AJH

V1 is the primary input stage of the preamp, so it effects the tone on every channel. V2-V4 don't have as much effect on even their individual channels as V1 does, in my experience.

Latest posts

Back