Just got a MKIV - NICE, but don't know date - '93 or '94??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLOW7

Reaction score

Hey Boogie nation - just got a MkIV and need some help to I/D its heritage. The plate on the chassis says IV4206. It is in immaculate condition. Has the EVM 12' Black Shadow 200W speaker. Can someone help point me to a source for more info on this S/N?

Thx - Mlow7

Just give Mesa a call. Their website has the number. They're only open Monday-Thursday. Give them the serial number and they should be able to date it. Also, look at the back on top of the chassis and there should be a date on that as well. Good luck!

Thx Metalblitz - but are you saying there is no methodical way to just determine the date from the s/n? Guess I thought there was a sort of table or system to just read the date without a secret decoder ring!!??
Well - I will look again at the chassis and try to find a date too.

Aart --- Did you derive this date somehow, or is there a way to "look up" the date using the s/n? I do plan on calling Mesa this week, but continue to wonder whether or not there is a simpler and reliable way to just figure this out.
Thx -----

Latest posts

Back