Just found out Mesa is discontinuing the Mark IV's…

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychodave

Reaction score
I was trying to get another Mark IV short head replacement for the one I received damaged in January. My Mesa dealer was told that no more short chassis are being made and the LAST run of med chassis Mark IV's will be June/July, at which point they are discontinuing the model. :cry:

One would hope a replacement Mark is in the pipeline... It'd be sad if the line that started the whole Boogie company died out.

That seems weird. Especially since it seems the Mark IV has been getting more popular lately.

I can´t believe that Mesa would discontinue the Mark series entirely. These are the classic Boogie amps, the ones that got them started. Made their name. Hopefully this means that the Mark V is on the way.

Maybe this explains why the swedish importers couldn´t get me a short head chassi for my Mark III, eventhough when I ordered it they said they could and even gave me the price.

No more Marks would really suck. They are still the best amps Mesa has ever made in my opinion.

I order one about six weeks ago. I hope that will be filled. If not then I hope Mark V production starts the day Mark IV stops

Well, the mark IV model was born in 1991... I looks like a time for replacement.

I guess Mark V is on the way.

That's a dumb move. With my recent Road King issues ( Been through three already ) I would stay away from any new MK series for at least a year or two. They always have bugs at first.

newfinator said:
I order one about six weeks ago. I hope that will be filled. If not then I hope Mark V production starts the day Mark IV stops

You aint getting it. I ordered mine in October 2007. Got it 1/2008, but it was damaged. Boogie said they would make me a new one (in January). Found out today, Boogie will NOT make a new short head and are not making any more. I was only offered a med/long head. I hope I am wrong, but...

You need to call your Boogie salesman.

For those who did not read the memo posted on "Modern Era Amp" forum ...
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=24271

Man, I'm glad I at least got one of the last ones before they dropped them. I couldn't live with myself if I would have had to wait for a MKV and it ended up not being as ugly as the MKIV. :lol:

They made so many, I'll be REALLY surprised if the value goes up, and if the y make a MkV and it meets expectations, the bottom will drop completely out of the MKIV and MKIII market. Just like it did with the MkIII's and the JCM 800 when they were discontinued.

adrenaline junkie said:
They made so many, I'll be REALLY surprised if the value goes up, and if they make a MkV and it meets expectations, the bottom will drop completely out of the MKIV and MKIII market. Just like it did with the MkIII's and the JCM 800 when they were discontinued.

GOOD! Then we can get 'em cheap!

"In the interest of continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice."

HA!

I don't think they would just discontinue the Mark IV in favor of reissuing the IIC+. Both those amps could coexist in the current market. I think it is a Mark V and will be 2 channels having controls laid out more akin to the Lonestar amps. I think moving forward you are going to see the Lonestar amps and Mark V be the staple of the company.

Of course I have no basis for thinking this what-so-ever.

I don't believe any of this until I see it. I hope they have a new Mark series coming but there's also nothing wrong with my MKIV so either way I'm cool.

Scott

Has anyone confirmed that Mesa is discontinuing the entire Mark IV line? I called Mesa two weeks ago, and all they said was that they were discontinuing the short head.

rabies said:
i really disliked R2. i had a serious love/hate relationship with the mark iv. ultimately it's too **** tight for me. and I wanted to be able to use 4xel34's. too many requests/problems. but had a great footswitch.

and boogies in general are too cold-biased as well. contributes to the hate side.

I'd love to hear a Mark IV or recto that's biased 70% MPD...

+1 I like MKIV's a lot, but I also don't have much use for R2 and I'd LOVE to hear a Mesa Biased correctly and it would be awesome to be able to change out to all EL-34's but I'm OK with 6L6's, I still have all my Marshalls...

Latest posts

Back