Just bought a new guitar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Just bought this. To those of you that don't know, Edwards is owned by the ESP company and is supposedly on par with the ESP Standard Series.

a5d1_3.jpg

I used to have a '79 Les Paul Custom that I loved, but sold it to help fund some other toys. I'm more of a super strat guy now, but got the itch for another LP style guitar. It kind of has the same aged look of my old LP, so I figured for $800, why not? It'll get speed knobs and an EMG 81/85 combo when I get it.

My old LP and Boogie goodies

IMAG0047.jpg

try not to twist the neck...
i have always wondered how good those edwards really are, i have heard good things about em. i hope you post a tone report

Commander Coo1 said:
try not to twist the neck...
i have always wondered how good those edwards really are, i have heard good things about em. i hope you post a tone report

That's one of the reasons I didn't go Gibson again, I've just had too much bad luck with them. I'm heading into a studio soon and wanted a nice beefy guitar to do the rhythm tracks with. If it's as good as I hope it is, this will be the one.

Edwards is VERY solid. Good score, man. Is that a Lacquer Taste Custom?

Kaz said:
Edwards is VERY solid. Good score, man. Is that a Lacquer Taste Custom?

Yep! It's an awesome guitar, but I just sold it. I wrote all of the songs for the upcoming album on Ibanez's and ESP's...and found that a lot of the stuff was just too intricate to comfortably be played on a LP style guitar. So I'm thinking about picking up another ESP Horizon like I used to have....or take the big plunge and buy a Caparison Angelus. I've wanted one for years, but I don't know if I can justify it at the moment. If I wasn't in a band I'd have one, but with a CD, merch, and promo to pay for, $2,700 on a guitar doesn't seem very smart.

My old Horizon

IMAG0048-1.jpg

And the geeetar of my dreams

l_4034682ab67c2acdee9026ade503076b.jpg

photo stolen from Ansley of the ESP board

Man, that Horizon II is shweet.

Heh, the stuff at the ESP boards is nuts. I love Pushead's huge collection of Explorers....

Kaz said:
Man, that Horizon II is shweet.

Heh, the stuff at the ESP boards is nuts. I love Pushead's huge collection of Explorers....

There are some great players there with some cool stuff. I bought a Framus Cobra from Ansley who's a monster, but then there are the guys with boatloads of awesome gear, who can't play to save their life :lol:

Caparison is definately worth the money. i bought my Horus SE 2yrs ago and will never give that guitar up. if i had more money i'd get an angelus and a dellinger 7.

Back