Looking for a new guitar (PRS, Gibson, etc)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a weird suggestion.

I was reading through how many styles you want one axe to play. Perhaps consider looking at Godin Guitars if you can find a dealer down there. I particularly like the Godin Summit CT and the Icon series. Both sets of guitars can manage many tones because of how the electronics are set up. Try them, you may or may not like them. At any rate, they play AMAZINGLY well. I didn't like the sound of my Godin LG with my Dual Rectifier, but it absolutely hauls with the Electra Dyne so I've been playing it a lot more lately. The best part is that it ran me $700 new. The ones I suggested you check out will run $1,000 - $1250, so you'd have plenty of $$$$$$$s left over!!

Before you buy anything check out any Suhr Modern or any Suhr guitar for that matter, second pick would be Anderson. I am a big fan of there super strats and I kind of like the Atom. The tops and builds of the Suhrs have me sold though. PRS are an excellent choice as well (I have a CE24, and a McCarty) but again, spend some time playing, don't be in a hurry, and if you find an axe you like in a high end shop, make the dealer bend over backwards for you. Ask for free strings, strap, set up, anything you can think of. All they can do is say no. Good luck. Now go to the Suhr website.

I don't know if anyone already said this, but just because two guitars each have the same make and model, that doesn't make them the same guitar. Each one is unique. I play a PRS Custom 22 and its my favorite guitar ever. I've also had the amazing opportunity to play a Nik Huber Orca 10th Anniversary (A $10,500 Guitar). It was no doubt a phenomenal instrument, but my custom 22 speaks to me. Something one of my guitar heros (Kim Klaudt) told me was to walk through music shops and grab the neck of each guitar. Don't pick it up unless it feels superb! Only then should you play it! Play the ones that feel good and determine which feels best in your arms. Out of those, take the one that sounds like a dream! This is totally full proof. Granted, this could take a while.... Good luck on your journey though!

depends on you, really. You can get a new Gibson R8 or a very lightly used Custom for around 3 grand, OR go for the PRS. 2 totally different tastes. Both great guitars. Gibson is more iconic and classic, if thats any matter for you. I also feel they sound better, but are a bit clunky to play. I have 8 Gibson Les Pauls and 1 PRS, just for full disclosure!

Latest posts

Back