Is which Mark - warning large photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhallam

Reaction score
I bought this in '78 from a bud who had it for a few months. At that time it had a fetron circuit.

It's been a workhorse for many yrs.

I shipped it to Mesa in '81 for some maintenance and whilst there they took out the fetron circuit as you can see in the ginormous photo it says updated MB.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

mesa-guts.JPG

stokes said:
MKI,I believe.

Is your opinion based on the circuitry or the year?

When they did the mod in '81 I wasn't sure what they entailed besides taking out the fetron.

Thanks.

It has seven Knobs, and clearly look like a MKIIa. Early (78/79) IIa´s has the fetron too. Serial number will tell.

It also has the silk-screened aluminum back-plate.

Stian

Looks very similar to my Sept 1978 MKIIa , has the very same pre amp and power board identification
Think the MKII serial # started at 3000 and onwards

I thought only the MKI had the Fetron.Does it have channel switching or do you have to plug into one channel or the other?If it has channel switching it is a II if not a I.

stokes said:
I thought only the MKI had the Fetron.Does it have channel switching or do you have to plug into one channel or the other?If it has channel switching it is a II if not a I.

Yes it's a switcher.

Sorry for my ignorance on this stuff.

I just did some reading on Wikipedia and it appears I have a Mark IIB without the simul-class.

Thanks so much gents.

No apologies needed.We all started someplace.And obviously we dont all know everything.

Latest posts

Back